PDA

View Full Version : music on ipod freezes and skips

Sossity
05-18-2015, 03:53 AM
I have tried asking about this in various apple forums, but I am asking here as I have m4a files converted with the batch converter on my iPod. I have been using the windows version.

I have albums converted from flac to m4a at 256 kpbs, load these into iTunes and then onto my iPod. Recently, the songs will randomly not play, or skip to next songs, and the album art would go crazy.

I had mp3 files before and never had these odd problems.

BrodyBoy
05-18-2015, 04:51 AM
Is the problem only on your iPod...that is, have you played these m4a files successfully on other devices? (Or in iTunes, perhaps?) And finally, are these AAC or ALAC encoded?

Spoon
05-18-2015, 05:35 AM
They sometimes play, but sometimes do not? (ie the tracks which skip will play sometimes?)

Sossity
05-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Yes, sometimes they play, I have had this problem on 2 different ipods, and the odd thing is, if the ipod has been turned off a while and then back on to use, the same album that had skipping songs, may play fine. It seems random, sometimes it happens, sometimes not.

I belive they are encoded with the current available encoders in the batch converter, it is m4a with AAC. There are only maybe 2 or three options, for different qualities.

mville
05-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Yes, sometimes they play, I have had this problem on 2 different ipods, and the odd thing is, if the ipod has been turned off a while and then back on to use, the same album that had skipping songs, may play fine. It seems random, sometimes it happens, sometimes not.

Please can you confirm that these m4a albums playback OK on your Windows PC?