PDA

View Full Version : need to reorganise everything

user2112
05-05-2015, 11:15 AM
I totally trashed my music collection organisation. Now I have lots of tracks starting 01,02,03 etc and no folders for albums. Most are full album rips via dbpoweramp but some are same names and duplicate songs but not accurate rip checked and not necessarily the same recording. As well as trashing names and folders a lot of metadata has been corrupted.

So.... I guess I need something to read each track, check it against accuraterip, add metadata, and then move it to a named album folder with album art. Will Perfect tunes do this? How automatic can it be? Do I need anything else?
thanks

Spoon
05-05-2015, 03:11 PM
PerfectTUNES will not do the metadata yet, sorry.

schmidj
05-06-2015, 12:46 PM
You might want to look at Picard, free from the MusicBrainz people. Once you figure out how it works, it will actually take a fingerprint of the audio in your file and give you all the metadata about that track and others on the same CD, and then some... You can then save that metadata with the file. After getting the metadata correct, dBPoweramp has a DSP routine which will generate new filenames from the metadata. The only issue I have is that the MusicBrainz database is not as complete as some of the others, but if your library is pop music, most of it is probably there.

user2112
05-11-2015, 12:34 PM
You might want to look at Picard, free from the MusicBrainz people. Once you figure out how it works, it will actually take a fingerprint of the audio in your file and give you all the metadata about that track and others on the same CD, and then some... You can then save that metadata with the file. After getting the metadata correct, dBPoweramp has a DSP routine which will generate new filenames from the metadata. The only issue I have is that the MusicBrainz database is not as complete as some of the others, but if your library is pop music, most of it is probably there.

thanks Schmidj