PDA

View Full Version : Tool or suggestion to easily find and delete FLAC files that have no metadata?

threadcount1000
04-05-2015, 02:48 AM
I have several hundred FLACs that do not have metadata. These were imported from
various sources, and ideally I'd like to identify and quarantine all files like this.
But unfortunately they're all scattered throughout various folders.

I can see the files in foobar2000, but I'd like to easily collect them and move them
all to one folder.

Is there any tool that could help with such a task?

I assume there is no way to natively find such files in Windows, but please
let me know if I'm mistaken.

Thanks.

dbfan
04-05-2015, 06:21 AM
I am not sure dBpoweramp or perfecttunes can help you.

mville
04-05-2015, 07:05 AM
I have several hundred FLACs that do not have metadata. These were imported from
various sources, and ideally I'd like to identify and quarantine all files like this.
But unfortunately they're all scattered throughout various folders.

I can see the files in foobar2000, but I'd like to easily collect them and move them
all to one folder.

Is there any tool that could help with such a task?

If you have extensive knowledge of MP3Tag and dos batch files this can be accomplished.

Using MP3Tag and the export feature, it is possible to export the path and filename (and the necessary dos move command), to a text file, for flac files with no metadata.

However, as I mention, you would need to be an advanced MP3Tag user, familiar with it's programmable functions and also, be familiar with using dos batch files in Windows.

BrodyBoy
04-05-2015, 03:28 PM
It wouldn't have to be that complicated in mp3tag. (I don't know of a way to do it natively in Windows.)

You can use the filter to easily locate all the files that are missing a tag or tags. Then simply use Edit>Move to relocate them all to one folder.

mville
04-05-2015, 04:25 PM
You can use the filter to easily locate all the files that are missing a tag or tags. Then simply use Edit>Move to relocate them all to one folder.

Oh yes... even better (and easier).