PDA

View Full Version : Export only "Certain Matches" in PerfectTUNES De-Dup?

threadcount1000
04-02-2015, 01:54 PM
I have a large library, and many duplicates. The vast majority of the reported
duplicates are only "Possible Matches." And most of those appear to be false positives.

I'd like a list of only the "Certain Matches" so I can proceed to delete whole directories
without necessarily going through the PerfectTUNES interface.

Is it possible to export a list of only "Certain Matches?" Or change the reporting settings
to report only certain matches, such that exporting the whole report will achieve this
same result?

Thanks.

Spoon
04-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Off the top of my head, when you export the list, is Certain matches listed first? then possible matches?

threadcount1000
04-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Off the top of my head, when you export the list, is Certain matches listed first? then possible matches?

I do not see any obvious division or ordering in the Notepad listing that pops up.
The exported text does not mirror the native PerfectTUNES display, and is
not alphabetical. And I cannot find any headings, e.g. "Possible" or "Certain"
do not appear in the Notepad window.

Upon cursory review, this looks like an otherwise unsorted listing of songs, grouped first
by album. But it seems to include items from both the "Possible" and "Certain"
categories.

Thanks.

threadcount1000
04-05-2015, 02:34 AM
Ultimately I scrapped my plan to use the exported list of duplicates to script a mass deletion.
This would've been heavy handed, and would've resulted in the deletion of files that I
want to keep.

The native PerfectTUNES interface that jumps to the relevant folders turned out to be just
what I needed to carefully comb through the data. The process of deletion itself was a little
tedious, but I don't see any way around it.

My duplicate file issues are resolved now.

Thank you.