PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Tunes where are the jpeg's saved ?

garyaries
03-10-2015, 10:54 PM
I purchased Perfect Tunes yesterday to scan my music collection saved on two separate hard drives (one is a backup). A number of albums have no cover art, and are albums ripped before purchasing dBPoweramp ripper last year. I click on "Tools" in the control page and entered the file path for the external hard drive connected to my laptop. The program scaned (played) each album and found all but one cover for the relevant album.
However, when I close Perfect Tunes and open the files on my hard drive, I find no jpeg files attached to the album folder. For some strange reason, it did find one album cover (the first scanned "AC/DC") and saved it to the music folder.
At first, I thought I was incorrectly still using the unregistered version, which I had downloaded to test the program, but I was using the registered version. I thought that I would copy one of the albums without cover art onto the hard drive on my computer. The same thing happened. Perfect Tunes found the cover art but did not save it in the music folder for that album.
What am I doing wrong ?

garym
03-11-2015, 06:12 AM
you clicked on FIX? And you have the options set to write to folder.jpg or cover.jpg? (If so, the file should show up in the album subdirectory).

Spoon
03-11-2015, 06:23 AM
by default a folder.jpg file is written to the folder where the audio is stored and also id tags are embedded with album art. Try to fix just one album with the 'Fix' button to see if the art is written.

garyaries
03-12-2015, 04:55 AM
Hi GaryM & Sppon,
I de-installed/reinstalled Perfect Tunes again and did another rescan of the music folder on my hard drive. In the search process, it found all of the album covers. However, in the summary page, after scanning has finished, there was only one (very obscure) album which was listed to be fixed. There are approximately 50 albums on the hard drive without cover art. I clicked on "Fix" and it did a search of the Internet but no cover was found.
As suggested, I tried scanning one album at a time and it worked. Very slow way of doing it, but at least it works. Now for the second hard drive !

garym
03-12-2015, 06:11 AM
Hi GaryM & Sppon,
I de-installed/reinstalled Perfect Tunes again and did another rescan of the music folder on my hard drive. In the search process, it found all of the album covers. However, in the summary page, after scanning has finished, there was only one (very obscure) album which was listed to be fixed. There are approximately 50 albums on the hard drive without cover art. I clicked on "Fix" and it did a search of the Internet but no cover was found.
As suggested, I tried scanning one album at a time and it worked. Very slow way of doing it, but at least it works. Now for the second hard drive !

odd that it worked one at a time. that's not the way it should work. but Spoon will have to respond as I'm not sure what could be happening. (And i thought before it *did* find your covers when you did it in batch mode, and showed they were fixed, but they simply weren't saved. Is that correct?)

garyaries
03-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Hi GaryM,
While the program was scanning (where they are shown, four abreast), the covers would appear and then disappear as a new cover (embedded metadata ?) would appear to take its place. Up to now, I thought that's would shoild happen. Then in the summary page where this a selection box called "Fix Albums" there was only this one "obscure" album listed. Not the 50 or so that shoild be there. In other words, they weren't even listed in the summary for me to select fix. Only one at a time worked.

p.s. Sorry Spoon (not Sppon) ! I am a lousy typist.

p.p.s. I also found it unusual that the program (Internet or Perfect Tunes) could find fairly obscure albums like "Diamantina Cocktail" by The Little River Band, but failed to find 'rarities' like Jeff Buckley's "Grace" or Adele's "Adele21"?

garym
03-12-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm not much help here. It works for me without anything special. Finds art, I click fix on the entire batch, and the files are where they are supposed to be. So I'm not sure what's happening on your end.