PDA

View Full Version : Multi CPU-Force not working

schorsch
03-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Hello,

since upgrading from 15.1 to 15.2 I have the "problem" that converting files from .wav to .flac is now done only one file after the other.
Before (with 15.1) I saw all of my 8 CPUs working simultaneously (even without the need of using "Multi-CPU Force") but with 15.2 (without changing any of the settings) only one file is shown respectively converting.

The encoding speed before with up to 8 CPUs was about 4 to 5 times higher (often more than x1000). I now tried several settings with the Multi-CPU Force (ticking the boxes CPU 1 to 8 with "Do Not Ally to Processor" checked respectively unchecked) but no improvement.
I know that while converting from .flac to .wav only 1 CPU is working but the other way round all 8 CPUs were in use.

Using the Batch Converter shows exactly the same behaviour; any ideas how to get the "High Speed Converting" back ;-)

Thanks

BrodyBoy
03-01-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking that 15.2 didn't install as "registered." When you open the Configuration pop-up, does it show as registered?

schorsch
03-02-2015, 01:57 AM
I'm thinking that 15.2 didn't install as "registered." When you open the Configuration pop-up, does it show as registered?

Yes, it does show as registered.

BrodyBoy
03-02-2015, 03:15 AM
Sorry..I misspoke! I meant "Reference." Multi-CPU encoding requires dBp Reference. Assuming you are using Reference, Spoon will have to weigh in with more technical expertise on what would be forcing one CPU conversions.

schorsch
03-02-2015, 01:31 PM
I just uninstalled the program and cleared the registry with dBpoweramp-Reset. After the new installation everything is back to normal and working fine ;-)

BrodyBoy
03-02-2015, 03:19 PM
I just uninstalled the program and cleared the registry with dBpoweramp-Reset. After the new installation everything is back to normal and working fine ;-)

Interesting. It'd still be nice to know what was going on there! Spoon....?

Spoon
03-03-2015, 04:34 AM
It is possible 2 dbpoweramps were installed.