PDA

View Full Version : batch converter opening desktop icons

dcbahr
02-27-2015, 09:17 PM
Hi. Seems that after I added the Batch Converter option to the window context menu, all the desktop icons like Control Pannel, recycle bin, are opening up in batch converter. I have 15.2 reference. versions are pasted below. When I take thatt option out of the config, it works fine. Oh, running windows 8-64 bit.
dBpoweramp 64-bit: Registered Reference
Release 15.2
DSP Effects: Release 11

PerfectTUNES: manage your audio collection, with a helping hand

Asset UPnP: UPnP (DLNA) Audio Server

I checked the .lnk association and it looks fine. anyone else had this rather odd issue? I like that batch convert option in the context menu though, makes my life a lot easier. thoughts?

Spoon
02-28-2015, 07:23 AM
So if you add this right click option, simply double clicking the recycle opens batch converter?

dcbahr
02-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it's the weirdest thing ever. Same with control pannel, network, this pc, all the native icons on the desktop but also some subfolders within control pannel. Oddly enough, when I do that, it brings up the path of, lets say, therecycler. But it's this path, not the c:\ type, instead it says:

::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

that path is listed at the bottom of the batch convert window. Of course, it doesn't find any audio files.

But if I remove the right click option, click recycle bin, it opens up in file explorer and looks just like the recycle bin should.

Spoon
02-28-2015, 01:12 PM
I have never come across this before sorry.