PDA

View Full Version : error batch converting

wavestar
02-24-2015, 04:01 AM
I would like to convert Flac 24bit / 48 kHz files into 196 kHz files, but get every time the following error message:

"indicated sample count does not match decoded sample count, possible file corruption"

I set all parameter (DSP effect "resample").

Additional I try to convert this file in the WAV format (same bit rate (24bit) and same sample rate (48 kHz)), and get the same error message.

Please can anybody help. What I am doing wrong ?

I try than to convert the same track in Steinberg's WaveLab 8.5 without any problems, also in Samplitude Pro X, also no problem.

Spoon
02-24-2015, 04:30 AM
Try converting the file to wave (with everything set 'as is') and no resample, does it work?

wavestar
02-25-2015, 02:24 AM
No it doesn't work I have the same problems. I get the error message that the sample count doesn't match, and I don't change any parameters.

Could it be, that I use another encoder at the record session?

I restore the audio file from a LP and save it as *wav file, than I encode it with the internal WaveLab 8.5 FLAC encoder, and now it's not possible to encode it in FLAC (other sample rate) or back to *wav. If I use the internal encoder in WaveLab it's no problem to encode it in both directories.

It's very crazy, but I use for playback the Fiio X5 high resolution player, and they don't accept FLAC encoded files, which was processed by WaveLab. This was the reason that I use now the poweramp encoding system. Since this time I don't have any problems with playback. It's also possible if I created a file in WaveLab, that I can encode these files in poweramp in the FLAC format without any error messages.

In the past I solve many problems with encoding, because I work as audio professional, but here I don't have any idea what I can do.

Spoon
02-25-2015, 04:22 AM
It suggests the FLAC file has errors, please upload one to dropbox and email link:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

rudolffischer
07-07-2015, 09:39 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Conversion from FLAC to WAV yields "indicated sample count does not match decoded sample count, possible file corruption".
I was wondering whether this issue has been resolved.
Tx

Spoon
07-07-2015, 10:32 AM
The flac file in question was corrupted.

Try converting different FLAC files, they should convert without error.

rudolffischer
07-07-2015, 11:22 AM
The flac file in question was corrupted.

Try converting different FLAC files, they should convert without error.

I found a workaround. I was able to convert the FLACs to WAV using foobar. Then converted the WAVs back to FLAC using batch converter. The new FLAC files can be converted to WAV using batch converter.