PDA

View Full Version : Scripting dMC Options for VBR mMP3 Encoding

leninmardanof
12-01-2003, 07:57 PM
In the online documentation for dbPowerAmp Music (Media?) Converter it enumerates 4 values for the bitrate "mode" argument (argument 4) of the Mp3Settings.Set method:

"0= CBR 1= VBR (Low Qual) 2= VBR (Med Qual) 3= VBR (high)"

1. What do the values for VBR (1, 2, and 3) correspond to in the LAME encoder quality scale (where 0 = highest (least distortion), and 9 = lowest (most distortion))?
2. Is there any way to get better quality resolution than this 3 increment scale?
3. How does one specify minimum and maximum bitrates as is done with the slider control in the GUI?

Also is there more complete reference for dMC's Scripting objects?

Thanks
-lenin

Spoon
12-02-2003, 07:06 PM
The scripting has fallen behind the features offered for Lame, if you are savey with the registry they can be found there:

HKCU\Software\illustrate\dbpoweramp

Unregistered
12-03-2003, 08:17 PM
The scripting has fallen behind the features offered for Lame

That is too bad. Are there any plans to update the Scripting objects?

if you are savey with the registry they can be found there:

HKCU\Software\illustrate\dbpoweramp

I notice for the key "DMCMp3LameVBRQuality" the value appears to represent a 1-based scale (1 - 10) corresponding to the increments of the slider in the "Quality" Field (dMC - Advanced Lame Options form).
Can I assume that a value of "1" corresponds to the quality value of "9" in the LAME codec quality scale and a value of "10" similarly to "0"?

Can I assume that manipulating these settings (programatically or otherwise) prior to running the application via script, and not calling the Scripting interface settings will have the desired effect?

The desired effect is this:
For a CBR MP3 file with bitrate x Kbs, convert to VBR (LAME quality: 6) minimum bitrate 32 Kbs, maximum bitrate x Kbs.

leninmardanof
12-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Sorry, that last post was me. (Didn't log in).

Spoon
12-04-2003, 07:31 PM
If you change the settings before the script then it will take hold.

The quality is the reverse of what you would expect.