PDA

View Full Version : Metadata etc

pantau
02-13-2015, 04:49 AM
Hi

1. When I use batch ripper, it gets its metadata always from freedb. How can I get metadata from other sources?

2. When batch ripper cannot find any metadata it stops and asks for manual entries. But I would like that it would continue with the next disc. Is this possible.

Spoon
02-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Once 400 free AMG lookups have been used, additional per disc lookups have to be purchased for Batch Ripper, or you can purchase GD3 lookups, the links are in the Batch Ripper metadata dialog.

You can configure Batch Ripper not to do manual entry, then the disc would be rejected.

Aquarius510123
02-24-2015, 08:12 PM
Hello,

I&*8217;m new to this forum and indeed relatively new to the world of batch ripping and so would appreciate some information and advice.

I have a fairly large collection of about 6,000 cds that I would like to store online. Because of the numbers, it seems to me that the logical course of action would be to use the dbpoweramp batch ripper and an Acronova Nimbie NB21-DVD USB plus to accomplish this. However, I find the information on the dbpoweramp batch ripper to be quite confusing, in particular regarding the metadata and artwork.

I realize that my questions might be redundant but anyway...

The site says that there is a restriction of 400 lookups for AMG. So what happens when the 400 lookups is reached? If one wanted to pay the metadata rates, how does one find out what these are and indeed, what are they? Otherwise what sort of metadata is provided beyond the 400 lookups? How does PerfectMeta work with the batch ripper? How does PerfectTUNES work with the batch ripper?

What I would really like to do is talk to someone in the know. However, I have to start somewhere and this would seem to be the best place.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

Jim

Spoon
02-25-2015, 04:19 AM
Lookups cost $0.08 per CD for AMG, or $0.10 per CD for GD3.

PerfectMeta works the same as long as all the providers are included.

Aquarius510123
02-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info. That helps a fair bit.

I am trying to determine whether it is worth paying $900.00 CDN to buy a Nimbie. I should probably purchase the dbpoweramp and PerfectTunes bundle and start by giving it a try using my CD drive on my computer. Any idea on how long the average rip takes so that I can get an idea of the task facing me?

I will be especially interested in the quality of the metadata and the flexibility of the editor and the file structure given that I used to catalogue thousands of classical records when I worked as a professional librarian.

Thanks again.

Jim

P.S. Apologies for any duplicate posts.

Spoon
02-25-2015, 05:41 PM
A rip can take about 3 minutes, depending on disc quality.