PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Compilations

Alan68
01-30-2015, 05:21 AM
Hi. I'm new to ripping Cd's. I've recently networked my house and installed a Qnap NAS. I've downloaded dBpoweramp and have been ripping all my CD's to the nas as FLAC files. It has all been straight forward enough until I rip compilation CD's. The songs are placed on the drives Music Station as individual songs instead of as an album. I'm probably missing something obvious but would be grateful for any advice on correcting the problem.

Dat Ei
01-30-2015, 05:41 AM
Hey Alan68,

you mean that the songs have been placed in different folders? Check your individual naming sheme and review the meta data, if the compilation check is checked.

Dat Ei

garym
01-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Hi. I'm new to ripping Cd's. I've recently networked my house and installed a Qnap NAS. I've downloaded dBpoweramp and have been ripping all my CD's to the nas as FLAC files. It has all been straight forward enough until I rip compilation CD's. The songs are placed on the drives Music Station as individual songs instead of as an album. I'm probably missing something obvious but would be grateful for any advice on correcting the problem.

do you tick the compilations box when ripping. And how have you set dynamic naming string with regard to compilations?

daleyb
01-30-2015, 11:07 AM
do you tick the compilations box when ripping. And how have you set dynamic naming string with regard to compilations?

hi..dont forget to tick comp box.and set artist for example" various artists.".......
if you dont mind me asking what Qnap nas are u using.Thinking of buying ts 251. was going to buy fanless one-but told they slow up to comp.for no fan....iam only using it for music.

Alan68
01-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the information. Dat Ei, the songs are all in individual folders instead of being in one album folder. I'll check my settings and let you know if i resolve it. Daleyb, after a lot of research i settled for the TS-451 WITH 4Gb of ram. I have stuck 4x 3tb wd red drives in it. It works beautifully, I just need to get my head round this networking stuff before i consign my media collection to the loft.

daleyb
01-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info Alan.I think iam going for the qnap TS251. 2X4TB wd red- RAID.like you i have done loads of research-till my head hurts..The thing is they cost a lot and dont want to make a mistake. "getting your head round" this networking stuff is hardwork..but like the idea of having declutter of cds.Should be worth in end!
Got loads of homemade cds to ripp.so GOT TO input matadata...ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Spoon
01-30-2015, 02:42 PM
The default naming value keeps compilations together.

Alan68
01-31-2015, 12:54 PM
Problem resolved. Just had to insert "Various" in the Album Artist field. Thanks for the help.