PDA

View Full Version : Asset On Mac Via Windows Parallels

Dustysox
01-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Hi all,

I'm in the process of illuminating a current problem on playback.

i am using a MacMini which has Asset 4.3 loaded onto it. I have noticed that on some tracks played via a Naim NDS that music during part of the song can cut out whilst the Naim app still reporting that the track (progress bar continues to move to show track playing) is playing. I can obviously forward to the next track and normal playback is resumed. If i play the same track back it cuts out in the same place again. I have tried other UPnP and the problem does not occur. My obvious preference is Asset, however I am wondering why this is happening? I also have a premium copy of Asset for Windows as well. I also run Parallels on the Mac where Asset is loaded. I have it activated and and it does not show up in the list of servers on the Naim app. Why would this be? My thinking is if I were able to run this as well to see if the track cut out on this as well.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts!!!

Spoon
01-21-2015, 06:04 PM
What type of audio type is your file?

It is unlikely that Asset will work through parallels, because of how networking is shared from real computer to virtual.

Dustysox
01-22-2015, 12:25 AM
Hi,

It is a FLAC file type. I know this also happens with "some" other files I have...not all.

I have spoken to Naim about this issue, and i have uploaded the track to Dropbox and they have tested it there end noting the track does not cut out. They advised I load the track to a USB memory stick and play through there. I'm guessing to rule out an issue with the NDS and thus leaving the UPnP as the issue.

I have Logitech Squeezeboxes and therefore use LMS and the issue does not happen.

The file is still on Dropbox should you wish to test, please advise & if there is anything else I can do to resolve this?

Thank you.

Spoon
01-22-2015, 04:55 AM
By default Asset serves the file as is, that is it is read untouched.

You might want to try setting Asset to decode the FLAC to wave when serving, there is an option in advanced configuration to serve the .FLAC files 'As Wav'

try this.

Dustysox
01-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Right...here goes.

I checked and I already had it set to FLAC. I tried reversing this setting (no transcode...as is), and the track in question played all the way through without stopping. Ironic! I did notice at the point where it cut out in the other setting a slight "jump" similar to a turnable jump effect. Nearly there but not quite 100%.

Any thoughts?

Spoon
01-22-2015, 07:01 PM
It is likely the FLAC file is corrupted.

Dustysox
01-23-2015, 05:15 AM
It is likely the FLAC file is corrupted.

Interesting, as it plays ok with other servers.

I will re rip said CD and report back results.

Fingers crossed.