PDA

View Full Version : AlbumArtist do not display properly (QNAP)

FMitarbeiter
01-08-2015, 06:20 AM
Hello dear dbpoweramp-team,

i just purchased Asset for QNAP - a great UPNP-Server!

But the AlbumArtist-Tag does not show up properly.
In Browsing-Tree i like to sort by AlbumArtist and all my files got an AlbumArtist-Tag with the surname in Front (e.g. Bowie, David / Doors, The) where i leave the Artist-Tag as it is (e.g. David Bowie / The Doors)
But in case of an AlbumArtist with a "The" in the name, the "prename" is showing up in front like it is in the Artist-Tag. "Bowie, David" shows up properly!
I have to set the "The Artist and Album Handling"-value to "[Value], The" to get it display properly. But with this, all album-titles with an "The" at the beginning also shows up in this way. Why i have to do so, if i want to sort by AlbumArtist, where the "[Name], The" is alreaday in place?

My English is bad - but i hope youīll understand my problem anyway...

Best regards

Spoon
01-08-2015, 07:47 AM
You did a full rescan (refresh all) after changing the option?

FMitarbeiter
01-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Thx for responding this quickly. But yes, I have done a lot of complete rescans. After changing this option, Asset rescans automatically (but I done it manually also).

Spoon
01-08-2015, 10:39 AM
"But with this, all album-titles"

Album titles are never changed, only Artists (or Album Artists)

FMitarbeiter
01-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Sorry, but thatīs not true. Album-Titles with a "The" at the beginning are changed.

When I set "'The' Artist & Album Handling" to "Leave as is", the AlbumArtist is NOT showing correctly (e.g. "The Doors", but AlbumArtist-Tag says: "Doors, The"), but the Albums do ("The Hum").
When I set "'The' Artist & Album Handling" to "[Value], The", the AlbumArtist IS showing correctly ("Doors, The", although the AlbumArtist-Tag is already "Doors, The"), but the Albums DONīT ("Hum, The" but Album-Tag says: "The Hum").
May main question: why does AlbumArtist-Tag (e.g. "Doors, The") does not show up correctly, when the value is set to "Leave as is"?

Thx Spoon... seems strange to me also ;-) i am experienced with Tags and checked back and forth.

My rig: QNAP 112p, 99% flac-files,

Spoon
01-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Ok will have to test this...

Brian_NE37
01-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Just to say I've found this too in a few instances (not many). Asset 4.3 on a QNAP HS-251 and using the Naim reader on Android.

FMitarbeiter
01-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Big THX for investigating :-)