PDA

View Full Version : Help for longtime EAC user switching to dBpa CD Ripper

rbichamp
12-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

After about 7 years, it looks like I’m going to make a full time switch to the dBpa CD Ripper app from EAC for extracting my CDs into FLAC. I used EAC with react/akkurat’s customizations and had a pretty good automated system. A few years after setting that up I bought a license for dBpa and installed it on a secondary computer for less critical ripping. I never used it full time because I couldn't match the customization I had going with my EAC setup.

Fast forward to now, EAC seems abandoned (?) and spoon has full (64-bit) development, not to mention his role with the mobile fb2k, I knew this is the direction I wanted to go. I am using the 15.2 beta.

Here are all the things (at the moment) I have left to setup in dBpa that I need step-by-step help with. I've already got a number of things the way I want, but I'm stuck with these ones.

1) I want to add automatically generated custom text with today's date in the “Comment” field. The date would be displayed in the format below.

"Ripped via dBpa on 2014.12.06."

2) Folders in the directory structure aren't coming out in "proper case." By "proper case" I mean the "Capitalize First Letters" feature isn't applying to the actual folder names, but comes out OK in the metadata.

3) I only want song titles, album titles, & artist metadata to be "proper case." Currently my manually filled in "Comment" field is being automatically manipulated because I enabled the "Capitalize First Letter" feature. For example I end up with the below instead of the example above.

"Ripped Via Dbpa On 2014.12.06"

I also notice that the <SOURCE> field comes out with "Cd (Lossless)" instead of "CD (Lossless)." Other non standard fields have the same thing as well.

4) After a left '[' opening bracket, I have seen the first character being forced to lowercase in metadata, but not in the filename? (Might need to test this more).

5) When it's a "Various Artists" CD, the "Album Artist" field is coming out blank, as opposed to getting filled in with "Various Artists" even when compilation is checked.

6) I also want Various Artists filenames to be named as "artist - title" as opposed to just title.

7) How can I backup the "default" ripping profile without losing my current customizations.

8) How can I automatically prevent the "Album Artist" field from being filled in when I'm ripping a single artist CD.

9) How can I automatically prevent the
Disc number from being filled in when ripping a single CD (that is not part of a deluxe edition, box set, etc).

10) Can I automatically prevent ", Disc 1" being appended to the album title in a multi disc set? Multi disc sets keep coming up as "Album Title, Disc 1."

Thanks in advance for your help sorting these things out (and other things that will probably come along as I make progress).

Spoon
12-06-2014, 12:50 PM
1. You would need:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?31412-External-Tag-Scripting-(ID-Tag-Processing-amp-Update-ID-Tag)

2. When do you apply the capitalization? with ID Tag Processing?

3. You would have to use External Tag Scripting

5. The Album Artist does not automatically fill to Various Artists if compilation, they are 2 separate tags.

6. Add [artist] - to the naming string

7. Save the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER*Software*Illustrate

8. Single Artist CDs should have Album Artist set, if you use album artist, you use all the time or not at all, it is the overall artist for the whole CD, not just for multi-artist cds.

9. You would have to clear the disc tag.

10. Options >> Meta Data & ID Tags >> Multi-CD Add Disc to Album

rbichamp
12-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi, thanks for the quick response. My replies are below.

1. I installed "External Tag Scripting" but I'm not sure that I see anything different than before. I am using the 15.2 latest beta.

2. Capitalization is applied with ID Tag Processing under the Manipulation tab and selecting "Capitalize First Letter."

3. I think I will need to see an example.

4. [will research once some of these other things are worked out]

5. Yes, but how can I automate "Various Artists" appearing in the content of the "Album Artist" when it is a multi artist CD?

6. I need to see an example naming string with the exact location where to add [artist] -. I tried, but the preview shows it will be added to single artist CDs also.

7. Thank you, got it.

8. I only use Album Artist for "Various Artists" CDs.

9. Can that be automated on a single disc "album?"

10. All set now.

Spoon
12-06-2014, 04:54 PM
It is not possible to automate the things you want, without programming, such as externally scripting, even then it is not easy, you are best setting the things you want before clicking rip, such as album artist removal, or disc removal.

On ID Tag Processing, there is a box 'Externally Script Tags', try using the example provided.

The filename will not contain elements that are processed by ID Tag processing (such as captialization) as the filename is created before the conversion, or dsp effects run.

You are using the standard file naming value?