PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent database results

DigitalLA
11-23-2014, 01:23 AM
I use CD Ripper on two computers. Sometimes, one computer will be able to obtain title and track info for one CD for which the other computer obtains no results. Other times, the other computer gets results while the first computer does not. When one computer cannot get results for a single disc in a boxed set,typically it fails to get any data for the remaining discs. But the other computer usually gets data for all the discs in the set. Both computers were running version 14.4. I updated one of them to 15.1, but it still has trouble looking up many discs. I have checked all databases, including Intelligent Lookup. One computer is a Windows Vista machine, while the other is an iMac with a SuperDrive running Windows 7 in Parallels. The biggest problems seem to occur with boxed sets. Any ideas? Thanks.

dbfan
11-23-2014, 04:23 AM
Check your clock is right on both computers, as gd3 uses https

DigitalLA
11-23-2014, 04:12 PM
The clock as in the Windows clock in the lower-right corner of the screen? The time there looks accurate. Doesn't the clock automatically sync the time over the Internet?

Spoon
11-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Not if a virtual machine.

Click the review metadata button for a popular disc, all 4 columns should be populated.

DigitalLA
11-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Thanks. I will check, but the nonvirtual machine is the one with the most recognition problems.

DigitalLA
11-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks. I will check, but the nonvirtual machine is the one with the most recognition problems.

I checked, and the clock on the virtual machine seems accurate.

But what about the nonvirtual machine? It still fails to find discs that the virtual machine does find.

Spoon
11-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Click the review metadata button for a popular disc, all 4 columns should be populated.

DigitalLA
11-27-2014, 01:39 AM
I clicked Manual Meta Review, but none of the four columns (AMG, CD3, Music Brain's, and freedb) has any data. All are greyed.

Dat Ei
11-27-2014, 02:41 AM
Hey DigitalLA,

I clicked Manual Meta Review, but none of the four columns (AMG, CD3, Music Brain's, and freedb) has any data. All are greyed.

in that case the CD is a rare one or a brand new one, so that there are no meta data available for that CD (at the moment). I've ripped over 2.000 albums (over 2.200 CDs) in spring 2014. I would say that there were no meta data for less than 1% of the albums, although I've a lot of CDs with jazz or very local german music.

Dat Ei

DigitalLA
11-27-2014, 02:56 AM
Thank you for the response. The odd thing is that one computer is able to retrieve the artist, track, and album data while another computer fails in looking up the info. This occurs primarily with boxed sets but not always. The latest example is with a Henry Mancini boxed set containing multiple albums. My virtual machine installed on one computer is able to retrieve the data, but another computer, which is not a virtual machine, gets no data at all for at least the few discs I have tried.

Spoon
11-27-2014, 03:20 AM
If the same program, but on different computers give different results, you have to look at security software, firewalls, anti-malware, anti-phishing, etc, one of these could block portions.