PDA

View Full Version : perfectTUNES Question - multiple disc albums, incomplete album error

overlock
11-18-2014, 02:26 PM
I have a bunch of albums ripped from multiple CD sets. I’ve tagged the albums so that all CDs from the same set have the same “album” name (instead of album name plus disc1, disc2, etc). I’ve then modified the track numbers so that each disc picks up where the other stops – for example the first disc will be album with tracks 1-10, then the second the same album with 11-20, and so on. This way the track numbers align with where each track fits on the entire album, not the specific disc - makes for a better sorting/listening experience during playback.

When I analyze with PerfectTUNES, it doesn’t recognize these multiple disc albums (error message – cannot check, incomplete album). I believe this is because my track numbers in the metadata don’t line up with the original disc. Usually the first disc is read fine, the problem occurs for discs 2, 3, and so on.

Any way to resolve this?

a few pieces of info in case it matters -- I updated the track number tags manually – I didn’t use the track offset feature in CDRipper. The albums are, for the most part, inside a folder that does have the album name and disc number. The track numbers are in the filename - just not the metadata.

Thanks!

Spoon
11-18-2014, 04:52 PM
AccurateRip requires that the track number match the disc, so it is not possible to blend disc 2 or 3 with offsetted tracks. You would need the tags:

Track
and Disc

set correctly for this album.

Porcus
11-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Just a suggestion: What about an option to do this "by folder"? And "by subfolder" (i.e.: f:\artist\album\files.flac vs f:\artist\album\disc2\morefiles.flac )?

Spoon
11-19-2014, 05:35 AM
There is that option 'Album Matching Grouped by Folder' however tracks have to start at track 1, not track 10

overlock
11-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Understood....thanks for the response (and apologies for my delay in responding). I don't know if it's technically possible, but a great future enhancement would be for perfectTunes to recognize track numbering offset for multi-disc sets.
Thanks for a great product...
Bob