PDA

View Full Version : How can I send a converted file to iTunes automatically?

Rumble
11-16-2014, 10:09 PM
It's been a while since I used the DbPa. I'm now trying the new version, but I can no longer send a converted file (FLAC to Apple/Lossless) automatically to iTunes (was having the same problem on the previous version as well). As I recall, I used to simply select the file/s (several albums) in the batch converter, click convert and everything would go straight to iTunes automatically. I'm sure it's me being somewhat unfamiliar with a particular setting. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Spoon
11-17-2014, 04:18 AM
It is the location you write to, it should be the Music\iTunes\Automatically Add to iTunes\

folder

Rumble
11-17-2014, 10:01 AM
I'll give that a try Spoon. Thanks.

Rumble
11-18-2014, 10:18 PM
I've tried what seems to be 100s of variations, and have been unsuccessful in converting my FLAC files to MP4 and send them to iTunes through the batch converter. Here's how I used to do this: RIP the cds in the ripper, send them to my file path (Music\Albums), then open up the Batch Converter and select the files and convert them to Apple Lossless, then open iTunes and there they were. Keep in mind, I was using the previous edition of dbpa, previous version of iTunes, and a PC with Windows 7. Now, I have a PC with Windows 8.1, updated versions of iTunes, and just purchased the dbpa updated program. The dbpa is working fine, I can send the the FLAC files to Media Monkey with no problem. Somehow, I haven't gotten the right file/setting scenario between the Batch Converter and iTunes. Maybe this is an iTunes glitch, not sure. Been at this for nearly a week, and it's driving me bananas, lol.

Spoon
11-19-2014, 05:33 AM
If the files have an m4a extension, and you have put them in the automatically add to itunes, then restarting iTunes should add, unless it is configured wrong, check the library location for iTunes.

Rumble
11-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Finally got it sorted out, and it's all working fine. Basically, the Music folder file layout on my Windows 8 was incorrect, therefore I couldn't make sense of the file tree in the Batch Converter. Primarily my own fault for never taking the time to understand folders and file paths. Thanks Spoon.