PDA

View Full Version : Automate Disc Tag Creation

sheptastic
11-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Is there any way to automate the creation of Disc tags? Not sure how Batch Converter would pull that information, but it seems to work in CD Ripper. Can Batch Converter query that info from one of the metadata providers? Or, is there an option in Perfect Tunes?

Some of my older FLAC files are multi-disc and I'd rather not add the tags manually. I'm moving toward having all the multi-disc tracks in a single folder and naming the files based on the disc and track. That way I can play an entire album continuously. Doesn't make sense to me to separate them based on some arcane media size limit (CD).

garym
11-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Is there any way to automate the creation of Disc tags? Not sure how Batch Converter would pull that information, but it seems to work in CD Ripper. Can Batch Converter query that info from one of the metadata providers? Or, is there an option in Perfect Tunes?

Some of my older FLAC files are multi-disc and I'd rather not add the tags manually. I'm moving toward having all the multi-disc tracks in a single folder and naming the files based on the disc and track. That way I can play an entire album continuously. Doesn't make sense to me to separate them based on some arcane media size limit (CD).

i agree with your plan. But converter can't automate disk tag if not added during rip initially. One of these days PerfectTunes may be able to automatically fix tags, including adding disk numbers.

What do you play your files with?

sheptastic
11-09-2014, 10:40 PM
I assumed as much, just didn't want to begin the process if I didn't have to.

I use Sonos, Windows Media Center/Player, and my phone.