PDA

View Full Version : Album Artwork for Mac and Naim App

Hawkeye19
11-06-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm considering a Naim ND5 XS. Asset UPnP for Mac is the recommended server software, but most of the Album Artwork is missing. All I see are "blank" folders identifying the artist and the album. The artwork does appear once the album or artist is selected. What can I do to see the album artwork right from the start?

Spoon
11-07-2014, 04:24 AM
If artwork is missing for an album, but appears when the album is selected, it is the same art which is given out for the album listing and album track listing, it suggests an issue with the control point, as a test install Plug Player on your iOS device to browse asset.

Tregs
11-26-2014, 06:12 AM
If artwork is missing for an album, but appears when the album is selected, it is the same art which is given out for the album listing and album track listing, it suggests an issue with the control point, as a test install Plug Player on your iOS device to browse asset.

I use Asset and Minim. With Minim I get the artwork showing in the top level files and I can browse by album cover. With Asset, I only get the standard file icon at browser level but when I play a piece the artwork then shows. When I use asset control point, the same thing happens. the top level artwork shows in Minim but not in Asset. I have tried Plug Player as the control point. Same thing. seems like a setting; is there something I should have switched on?

The covers are are jpegs or pngs and are stored with the name "cover" or " folder"

Any help would be appreciated

Spoon
11-26-2014, 06:45 AM
How are you browsing Artist >> Album?

Tregs
11-26-2014, 06:55 AM
How are you browsing Artist >> Album?

Hi

>folder view>folder>tracks

Tregs

Tregs
11-26-2014, 12:46 PM
????

Spoon
11-26-2014, 06:16 PM
It is down for being implemented in R5, Asset currently does not support this.

Tregs
11-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks