PDA

View Full Version : Tag From Filename Issue

Fallsroad
11-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Current DMC version, codecs up to date.

I have a folder of tracks that are named "01 Song Name" and so forth. Using Tag From File Name I set the values as [track] [title] and ran it. The track field is tagged correctly, but the song titles only include the last word in the title.

Example: 01 Great New Song appears in the tags as Track = 1, Title = Song.

I checked each track, and there is only the single space between the track number and the title.

Spoon
11-02-2014, 07:51 AM
Set as:

[track] [title]

and set the method as 'Front to back'

Fallsroad
11-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Set as:

[track] [title]

and set the method as 'Front to back'

Changing to 'Front To Back' added folder and track information into the title field, along with the title.

'Partial Folder Name 01 Great New Song'

When I changed it back I again wound up with only the last word of the file name as the title.

dbfan
11-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Try:

\[track] [title]

Fallsroad
11-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Try:

\[track] [title]

I get exactly the same results. I've been using this codec for years without ever encountering a problem like this.

Spoon
11-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Yes looking at it, it is not possible given the current Tag from Filename. The issue is that front to back has to be used, otherwise the track number and the title with spaces cannot be determined, however front to back needs you to exactly define the folders, such as:

[artist]\[album]\[track] [title]

I will note this limitation for a future update, where it should be possible to specify something like [filename] to jump to the filename.

garym
11-03-2014, 06:40 AM
In the meantime, you can achieve your objective with mp3tag and its filename to tag conversion.
%track% %title%

Fallsroad
11-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Yes looking at it, it is not possible given the current Tag from Filename. The issue is that front to back has to be used, otherwise the track number and the title with spaces cannot be determined, however front to back needs you to exactly define the folders, such as:

[artist]\[album]\[track] [title]

I will note this limitation for a future update, where it should be possible to specify something like [filename] to jump to the filename.

I could swear up and down I was able to do this before, but maybe I'm wrong. I hope it does get remedied in a future update - be very handy.

Fallsroad
11-03-2014, 12:26 PM
In the meantime, you can achieve your objective with mp3tag and its filename to tag conversion.
%track% %title%

Thanks for the tip - it worked. I'm so used to working within DMC I didn't even consider mp3tag.