PDA

View Full Version : Re-ripped tracks show as different album

AndyW318
10-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Hi there, after running PerfectTunes and identifying inaccurate tracks, I re-ripped just those tracks (not the whole disc) and then re-ran my scan to see what was left. Now nearly every album I did this for is identified as two separate incomplete albums.

I've tried clearing the cache and all the various settings to no avail. Any other ideas? I can PM a link to an example album to review.

Thanks.

-AndyW

Spoon
10-23-2014, 10:42 AM
The metadata must be different, check the artist + album artist + album names are identical.

AndyW318
10-23-2014, 11:10 AM
I don't see any meta-data that is different other than the encoding tool (different versions of iTunes):

PM Sent with DropBox link to an example album.

garym
10-23-2014, 12:06 PM
open all the tracks that should be in an album in "mp3tag" program. Select all the tracks and right click them, choose extended tags, then see what it looks like. If mp3tag thinks that these files have the same exact metadata for things like ALBUM and ARTIST etc, it will show the content. Otherwise it shows <keep>, which shows that at least one file has a different value. This will also show you the existence of tags in the files that you may not have realized were there. mp3tag here: (and yes, handles more than just mp3).

http://download.mp3tag.de/mp3tagv265setup.exe

AndyW318
10-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks, that did it. Discnumber was 1 on some tracks and empty on others.

It seems that shouldn't be considered in the different album consideration (1 or empty are really the same, but 2 and empty are not), but I will go through and alter all the discnumber entries.

garym
10-23-2014, 12:20 PM
in the world of computers a value of "1" in a tag is not necessarily equivalent to the tag field not existing or being blank. Computers are stupid and literal about what they see. ;-)