PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here,hello.

andyt1000
10-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Hello all my name is Andy and I am very new to all this streaming stuff.I love all sorts of music but mostly Electronic (Techno,Trance,EDM etc).Currently my hi fi consists of

Musical Fidelity m3 amp
Cambridge Audio NP 30 streamer with a DAC magic
Mission 752F speakers
REL Storm III x2 Subs
Qnap 420 NAS with 4 3TB WD red HDs.

Now then having spent a good few months ripping discs to the nas I now have a good sized collection of FLAC files which I was over the moon about.now then,2 weeks ago everything changed.I downloaded an app for a tablet (Bubbleupnp) which works great,BUT all the album art was of terrible quality.Every night I tried google,joining forums (Sorry,forgot to say the NAS was running Twonky:cry:) to try to sort this out,nothing whatsoever.Qnap were a waste of space and Twonky has never even replied to the emails,no luck on the Twonky forum.Then,tonight my world has changed.Done for the premium package with FANTASTIC artwork,never been so happy.Music is now scanning and I have to be up at 6 for work,who cares,I'll go in knackered.I can't wait to play everything in just the folder only menu.Anyway thanks for listening,I was only just saying:smile2:.

Andy.

andyt1000
10-12-2014, 06:09 PM
One other thing,it seems to take a while for the database to build.If,when completed i then turn the nas off does this mean that the database then has to rebuild everytime I do this.Thanks.

Spoon
10-13-2014, 03:47 AM
No it does not have to rescan everything on power cycle, however it will scan looking for new tracks.

andyt1000
10-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Does that mean all my music can be played instantly.

Spoon
10-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Yes