PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT MESSAGE for batch conversion string [ORIGPATH][ORIG FILENAME]

youngchul76
10-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Hi all,

I'm a total noob, but after wasting hours and hours, i found this solution which i wanted to share. I'm sure a lot of you knew about this but there was no message posted here for this, so here we go.

When you batch convert large data of music to convert flac library to mp3 library and use that string [ORIGPATH][ORIG FILENAME],

PUT THE "\" BETWEEN THE TWO! OTHERWISE IF YOU ONLY HAVE MUSIC IN YOUR FIRST FOLDER, YOU WILL END UP WITH A BUNCH OF MP3'S IN YOUR ROOT FOLDER!

Sounds simple but no one said anything about this in the manual..

mville
10-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Where do you have/see [ORIGPATH][ORIG FILENAME]?

In my experience with this forum it has always been referred to as [origpath]\[origfilename].

youngchul76
10-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Where do you have/see [ORIGPATH][ORIG FILENAME]?

In my experience with this forum it has always been referred to as [origpath]\[origfilename].

oh ok.. for some reason mine after downloading and installing was set without the folder separator.. maybe it was just me!

garym
10-11-2014, 11:33 AM
oh ok.. for some reason mine after downloading and installing was set without the folder separator.. maybe it was just me!

Yes, you must have entered it wrong. the [ORIGPATH]\[ORIGFILENAME] dynamic naming string is not something installed by default in the program, it is something that the user would have entered into the dynamic naming string settings. There are almost infinite ways one can enter naming strings (and of course some of them will give the user unintended results, as you discovered. always better to test with one album or two before batch converting thousands of files!