PDA

View Full Version : DMC bug

OldCoder
11-22-2003, 08:34 PM
When DMC accesses freedb and finds multiple choices, trying to select anything other than the first (default) entry causes CDGrab to stop responding.

Spoon
11-23-2003, 09:48 AM
This is the latest beta version? Have you tried changing the freedb server?

OldCoder
11-23-2003, 02:11 PM
This is the latest beta version? Have you tried changing the freedb server?

No, I haven't tried changing the freedb server. I did note that the server seemed to be pretty busy (everyone on the Internet ripping with dMC? ;) ),
and this could just be normal operation if there isn't a timeout on freedb access.
With a timeout on a reply (or a progress bar and timeout), you could bail out and note to the user that "freedb is not replying at this time", and allow manual entry of track names.

It was locked up for over a minute, so I whacked it with Task Manager - and everything went away since it wasn't an "independent runner".

This is more an FYI so nigh on perfect software can edge closer to perfection....

Spoon
11-24-2003, 07:18 PM
It is supposed to time out, sometimes the call can lock up, I have seen it happen on the submit.

OldCoder
11-24-2003, 08:27 PM
It is supposed to time out, sometimes the call can lock up, I have seen it happen on the submit.

Yes it is the latest beta (should have said so yesterday), and it did seem to lock when on the request to freedb - this is just an impression, unfortuately I don't have a log/trace ability on my PC (that I know of) to offer proof one way or the other.