PDA

View Full Version : Apple Lossless Encoder Missing

remeolb
10-05-2014, 03:20 PM
I've just downloaded Batch Converter 13.5 after not having used it for sometime. I always use it to convert FLAC files to ALAC. After installing the software and selecting several files to convert I've discovered that the Apple Lossless encoder was not included in my download. There is a link provided to download it but that page simply states that the encoder was included with the software. How do I fix this?

Spoon
10-05-2014, 04:16 PM
It was included form R14 and newer, not the earlier releases.

remeolb
10-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I've been using dbpoweramp to convert to Apple lossless for years. I rip all my CD's to FLAC and then create ALAC copies for my iPod. Because I've slowed down CD purchases it's been some time since I've used the software. I just checked all of my previosly converted files and they are definitely Apple lossless. Dbpoweramp is the only conversion software I've ever used. Was the encoder available separately in the past? There is no question in my mind that I've used it before. Please tell me how I can get the encoder.

Spoon
10-06-2014, 04:25 AM
It used to be available separately, it was combined with the aac decoder, however this install changed to reflect that Apple Lossless has been included as standard for the last 4 years, I do not think I have the old install any more.