PDA

View Full Version : CD Ripper can't find tracks

Chris I
10-01-2014, 08:03 AM
I am trying to rip a 2 disk set. The first disk rips fine, metadata is correct, but the disk is not in accurate rip.

When I insert the second disk, it finds the last three tracks, and a bunch of other strange stuff.

The CD plays fine in my Blu-Ray player, and it also plays correctly on my computer using VLC.

Is there anything I can do to get this to rip?

Spoon
10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
CD Ripper >> Options

Set ripping method to 'defective by design'

It looks like a copy protected disc.

Chris I
10-01-2014, 10:03 AM
I tried 'defective by design' as you suggested. It now won't recognize the CD at all. It just says <Insert Audio CD>, and refreshing does nothing.

It seems odd that only the second disk of a two disk set would be copy protected.

Is there anything else I might try?

Spoon
10-01-2014, 11:03 AM
There is nothing else you can try with CD Ripper.

didero
10-01-2014, 04:16 PM
I am trying to rip a 2 disk set. The first disk rips fine, metadata is correct, but the disk is not in accurate rip.

When I insert the second disk, it finds the last three tracks, and a bunch of other strange stuff.

The CD plays fine in my Blu-Ray player, and it also plays correctly on my computer using VLC.

Is there anything I can do to get this to rip?

Probably a Sony CD? I have some Sony CD's that are copy protected. Used CloneCD in the past to copy them first to a blank CD without the copy protection. Then you should be able to rip them.

Chris I
10-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Just downloaded a trial of CloneCD. CD Ripper has the identical problem with the copy.

Chris I
10-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Found another ripper that can read this CD. Thank you all for your suggestions.

I think this is a bug in CD Ripper. If it would help, I am willing to upload the image file created by CloneCD for testing purposes. Just let me know what you would like me to do.

Spoon
10-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Sure, if you upload the image to something like dropbox and PM me a link please.

mville
10-02-2014, 08:41 PM

What CD is it? Maybe someone also has this 2CD set and can test it.

Chris I
10-02-2014, 10:25 PM
The CD is Arleen Auger live at Art Song Festival 1990 - The Cleveland Institute of Music. Given that it was not in Accurate Rip, the odds of someone reading this forum and having this CD are slim.

@Spoon: PM sent

Spoon
10-03-2014, 04:48 AM
Ta, fixing now, the next beta of dBpoweramp R15.2 will contain this fix

Spoon
10-08-2014, 04:55 AM
This fix is now in R15.2 beta.