PDA

View Full Version : DeDup reporting multiple copies of same track in same directory

netizensmith
09-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Hi,

When I run deDup it starts at about song 4900 of 5100 and takes a few minutes. Why does it start almost at the end of my library? It then reports that every single track is a duplicate of itself, often as many as 4 times. For example it says that these 4 tracks are the same:

C:\Users\dummy\Music\MP3\Vangelis_-_Blade_Runner_(1994)\Vangelis_-_01_-_Main_Titles.mp3
C:\Users\dummy\Music\MP3\Vangelis_-_Blade_Runner_(1994)\Vangelis_-_01_-_Main_Titles.mp3

Well of course they are, they are the exact same file!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Spoon
09-23-2014, 09:23 AM
In the library section do you have the same location listed 4 times? for the PerfectTUNES configuration.

netizensmith
09-23-2014, 11:36 AM
No, but I did have sub-folders listed. I think that would explain it. Deleting the sub-folders from the config didn't fix it though. I had to delete all the entries in the config so there were no folders at all and get it to run (whereupon it found nothing of course), go back in and add just the top level folder. A clear cache button would have helped here (as I'm guessing that's what my actions did essentially). Anyway, all good now and it's quite amazing at finding exact duplicates and it's interesting to see it find possible duplicates for remixes of the same song. Impressive.