PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing MP2 codec

richroszel
09-22-2014, 06:18 PM
I have been using the R14 version of Batch Converter for several years with no problems. I just upgraded my computer, my OS and my dbPowerAmp. (I'm a slow adapter -- I just now moved from WinXP to Win7!)

Anyway, when I tried to install the MP2 codec -- something I need for one of my clients -- I got an error saying that it couldn't install because of a missing MSVCR100.dll file. Any idea what gives? The installer then says that the installation completed successfully, but when I try to convert to MP2, I get the same error again. Please help.

Incidentally, I'm trying to convert 16-bit, 44.1k WAV files to 192kbps MP2.

Thanks,

Rich Roszel

Spoon
09-22-2014, 07:14 PM
See:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/52f0bd37-9a08-41b6-bb43-fa01ef3ebc4a/msvcr100dll-is-missing

the 2nd msg down. Normally this dll comes with Windows.

richroszel
09-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the reply, Spoon. I actually tried this fix already and it didn't seem to help. The next time I tried the MP2 conversion, I got the same message about that same .DLL file being "missing." What I failed to mention in the original post, which may play a big part here, is that my Win 7 installation is actually running within VMWare Fusion on a Mac. (To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a db PowerAmp for the Mac yet.) I have been using the software this way for years, but it was the R14 version running on WinXP. No problems whatsoever. I had to upgrade the Mac OS for other reasons. This required me to upgrade the version of VMWare Fusion. The newer version of Fusion was having problems with WinXP so I upgraded to Win 7 because I had a copy of it lying around. db PowerAmp R14 installed in Win 7 fine, but when the missing DLL file issue came up, I figured I'd better upgrade R14 to R15.1 and try again. And that brings us to where we are today.

All I wanted to do was a simple WAV to BWF/MP2 conversion like I did last week and the week before that and the weeks before that. Sigh.

Any other thoughts?

richroszel
09-23-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm trying another round of Windows Updates. It occurred to me that since this is not the latest Windows OS, I might have overlooked something. Will do the updates then reinstall db PowerAmp R15.1 and the MP2 codec and see how it flies. Hopefully it WILL fly and won't crash and burn again. :-)

richroszel
09-23-2014, 02:12 PM
As a side note, it seems that every time I start the Windows Update program, it tells me that Windows is all up to date. Then when I ask it to CHECK for updates, it says that there are *** critical updates that need to be installed. I've just done yet another round of updating, then reinstalled db PowerAmp R15.1, then reinstalled the MP2 codec and -- once again -- got the message that MSVCR100.dll was missing and that I should reinstall the program to fix the problem. I have no idea WHICH program I'm supposed to install to fix this problem, but the link recommended earlier did not help.

Would it be possible for someone to actually post that missing .DLL file along with the path to where it should be placed? I'm running out of time and out of options. This is the ONLY program I need a PC for and it seems nuts that I should have to go out and buy a computer to buy an audio file format converter.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Spoon
09-24-2014, 10:45 AM
It is not possible to post as it needs installing with other dlls.

Spoon
09-25-2014, 05:13 AM
I have updated the installs to remove this requirement for MSVCR100.dll