PDA

View Full Version : Checking with AccurateRip, but still grinding my NAS?

amalgam
09-22-2014, 04:38 PM
After about 30 hours PerfectTUNES finished listenning to my album collection (~12000 tracks, almost all FLAC). Most of my collection is located on my old, slow NAS. I'm accessing it from my Windows 7 64bit PC via a mapped network drive (SMB).

Now it's on the 2nd stage of Checking with AccurateRip. I hope this won't take long but it seems like it keeps grinding my NAS. This stage is going to take many hours as well (no estimated finish time?). Why is that?

I'm using the free/unregistered (thank you!) 1.7 version.

Spoon
09-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Yes it will re-read the audio, because accuraterip will propose certain track offsets for different pressings, it then has to take part from the file on the album before (or after that track) and combine to check with AccurateRip.

amalgam
09-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Yes it will re-read the audio, because accuraterip will propose certain track offsets for different pressings, it then has to take part from the file on the album before (or after that track) and combine to check with AccurateRip.
Thanks, Spoon. That explains why no ETA, right? How about some other form of verbose info regarding what's going on? How may albums/tracks left?

Spoon
09-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Perhaps yes.