PDA

View Full Version : More information needed

78zinman
09-15-2014, 06:41 PM
So, I'm up to about 4 days with dbPoweAmp. I'm having the following questions/Issues.
1. When using the secure rip, sometimes it only does 1 pass before encoding; other times it does 2 passes. Is there an option I don't know about?

2. What's the "Re-ripping (X frames)?

3. Sometimes the final rip says "Secure". But, most of the time it just says "Accurate".

4. The Secure rip takes considerable time longer. However, at the end, most songs still just say "Accurate".

5. Now a suggestion for future updates. I have the option "Eject" armed. However, if would be really helpful if any song comes up "Inaccurate", to have the CD NOT eject. That way, I could "Uncheck All"; then I could only select the 1 or 2 songs that were Inaccurate. I have found that many times, ripping those songs again results in and "Accurate" result. Right now, I have to watch all the ripping to be sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks - any clarification would be helpful.

Spoon
09-16-2014, 04:35 AM
1. If the disc is online in AccurateRips database it can verify in 1 pass, if not a 2nd pass is done looking for errors.
2. This is re-reading to overcome the errors it has detected
3. Accurate is better than Secure, because it is using results from other peoples discs, secure relies on your drive to self verify.
4. That is secure ripping doing its job, correcting errors. If you had of ripped in iTunes that track would likely have had errors.