PDA

View Full Version : ALAC to FLAC errors in Accuraterip



Badong
08-30-2014, 12:35 PM
I did several searches and did not a situation exactly like this. Hope I didn't miss it.

I converted my library from ALAC to FLAC a few months ago. When I run Accuraterip on my ALAC files it lists only a handful of errors something like 12 out 6000 tracks. When I run it on the FLAC files I created with Batch Convert it lists like 4000 out of 6000 are corrupt. I used the highest compression but left all other fields default.

Not sure what to try next.

Spoon
08-30-2014, 01:12 PM
If it says the flac files are corrupt, potentially they are, if you have dBpoweramp convert one of the reported files to 'test conversion' and note the end message.

Badong
08-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Ok this is interesting. After posting here I ran Accurip again last night on my FLAC files (it was several months ago the last time). This morning it listed only 61 albums with inaccuracies. I randomly selected a few of those 61 and selected their ALAC originals for an Accuraterip comparison. All of my random tests confirm that the original ALAC is also corrupt so it looks like it is working correctly and I need to go back and re-rip those albums. Not sure about the erroneous results from a few months ago but re-ripping 61 albums is doable. Thanks for your suggestion.