PDA

View Full Version : PerfectTunes + dbPowerAmp (also various artists)

FredipusRex
08-23-2014, 04:37 PM
Long time dbPowerAmp user but am new to PerfectTunes.

I've got two questions:

1. Does PerfectTunes integrate with dbPowerAmp at all? It seems to me that PerfectTunes should be integrated with dbPowerAmp so you could re-rip the problematic tracks automatically. Having a list of bad tracks is better than nothing, but being able to right-click (or something) to load dbPowerAmp CD Ripper on just the bad tracks would make this application a whole lot more user friendly. Having a batch mode where I could grab a stack of "bad" CDs and just feed them in as needed would be even better.

2. I've noticed a bunch of "cannot check" errors - nearly "half" of my albums come up as "cannot check". But I'm not sure this is really the case - it seems that PerfectTunes is handling compilation/various artists albums poorly. Some of them are obscure, but a mainstream one like the "O Brother, Where Art Thou" also shows up there. My suspicion is that it's related to album artist vs artist (or maybe a lack of an album artist or "various artists" tag) but I don't know where to start.

Thanks!

Spoon
08-24-2014, 06:24 AM
1. No integration

Can you give an example 'cannot check'

FredipusRex
08-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Can you give an example 'cannot check'

An example would be the "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack.

Each track comes up separately in PerfectTunes as "Cannot check: Incomplete Album".

An example of a track's metadata would be Track 1 (Po Lazarus.flac):

ARTIST
James Carter & The Prisoners

TITLE
Po Lazarus

Album
O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Track

Year

Genre
Mercury Records

Comment

replay_album_gain
-3.48 dB

replay_album_peak

replay_track_gain
-5.12 dB

replay_track_peak

Plus a 47KB JPEG album cover. (Obviously, Genre is wrong, but that shouldn't be causing this issue.)

What I notice is that if I add up all the artists and number of tracks on the "Cannot check" albums for various artists, I consistently come up one song short. For instance, "O Brother..." has 19 songs on the album, I have 19 ripped tracks, but the combinations of artists and tracks tagged as "Cannot check" comes up to 18. The "Mortal Combat Annhilation" soundtrack also has 19 tracks but PerfectTunes only complains about 18.

Spoon
08-25-2014, 04:23 AM
You need to either set an album artist for all the tracks to the same value, or set the compilation tag to 1 for all the tracks.

As it stands that album as different artists and nothing to tie it together.

FredipusRex
08-26-2014, 12:47 AM
That was the issue. Once I added a common album artist and compilation tag, the albums began to match.

Thanks! (I still think integration with CD Ripper would be a great idea.)