PDA

View Full Version : SonataDB efficient in Batch Ripper ?

Rudj
08-12-2014, 10:19 AM
User of dBpoweramp since 10 years, I recently bought the Power Pack; the most important reason was to use Batch Ripper with a NIMBIE 21
I've discover that SonataDB isn't available with Batch Ripper; where did the problem come and is there anyway to solve it now or in the future ?
I've seen some tools that use scripts for renaming files during the rip, but have they any incidence on the batch treatment ?
Of course, any other solution may interest me; thank you for ideas or explanation :thumbup:

Spoon
08-12-2014, 11:35 AM
>where did the problem come and is there anyway to solve it now or in the future ?

It is not licensed, we would have to enter into discussions in the company concerned, license, and set up a per disc ripping cost and payment collection.

Rudj
09-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Hi,
I very like your tools, but i'm a little bit desappointed; in fact, I had to choose a solution that I don't want to make what I want; because you said that you don't have commercial agreement with Digibit Technology, I must use Sonata Music Server to rip classical CDs.
I saw that the tools that make the job are ILLUSTRATE's Tools.
When you install SMS, SMS offer to install version of dbpoweramp CD Ripper, and File Converter; in the installation instructions Digibit specify that it must'nt have any licence of dbpoweramp installed before SMS.
Is there any problem to use SMS with the last Reference pack version 15.1 ?
Thanks a lot

Spoon
09-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Batch Ripper is not licensed, dBpoweramp is. There is not enough demand to put a payment system in place to do commercial usage with batch ripper.