PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Perfect tunes like itunes

Nills
08-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Good afternoon and thanks for reading. Can you help?
I am wanting a music player that I can organize my music, create playlists and play via Wifi around my home.
Can Perfect do this?
If so is there a web interface.
I recently purchased a Sonos system and liked the WiFi and interface but returned it because of its limitations.
I am busy importing all my music into DB Power amp which I have purchased.
Cheers
Nills

garym
08-04-2014, 09:20 AM
No. PerfectTunes deals with artwork, testing for bit perfect rips, etc. it is not a player or music database. I use squeezeboxes and Logitech media server but squeezeboxes are discontinued. But what were the sonos limitations for you? It is typically a good option for wireless music player. Please provide more info. For example do you want to sync 2 or more players around the house?

Nills
08-05-2014, 12:42 PM
No. PerfectTunes deals with artwork, testing for bit perfect rips, etc. it is not a player or music database. I use squeezeboxes and Logitech media server but squeezeboxes are discontinued. But what were the sonos limitations for you? It is typically a good option for wireless music player. Please provide more info. For example do you want to sync 2 or more players around the house?
I wish to have my music organised into Albums etc and to be able to create my own play lists, I returned the Sonos because I also want to be able to play the Spotify playlists, which are many and varied but connecting Spotify to Sonos you only get the ability to create your own playlist etc. I love the fact I can listen to music which is not in my collection. They have one for singing in the shower, Cafe lounge, jazz, easy jazz etc etc etc. Thanks again for your help and looking forward to your reply

garym
08-05-2014, 12:59 PM
I wish to have my music organised into Albums etc and to be able to create my own play lists, I returned the Sonos because I also want to be able to play the Spotify playlists, which are many and varied but connecting Spotify to Sonos you only get the ability to create your own playlist etc. I love the fact I can listen to music which is not in my collection. They have one for singing in the shower, Cafe lounge, jazz, easy jazz etc etc etc. Thanks again for your help and looking forward to your reply

I'm not really sure what your question is. Foobar2000 or Logitech Media Server or JRiver, etc. will work as a database manager for your music. If it is tagged well, then almost any music library manager will work. Re: Spotify, yes, there seem to be limitations on how it works with Network music players like Sonos or Squeezeboxes. I use it with LMS and Squeezeboxes, but it also doesn't do well with the "radio" function of Spotify.

What are you PLAYING TO: just connecting computer to stereo? Or playing to a smart TV? or what???? And do you care about synching players (multiple players in your house playing exactly the same thing at the same time (from your own music, or spotify, etc.)