PDA

View Full Version : Silly question (possibly) but what does Perfect Tunes give me?

TomP
07-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi

I already have r1.5 Ripper which on the surface seems to give me that same as what Perfect Tunes gives me, so it would help me a lot if the differences / advantages could be explained.

Thanks...TomP

garym
07-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi

I already have r1.5 Ripper which on the surface seems to give me that same as what Perfect Tunes gives me, so it would help me a lot if the differences / advantages could be explained.

Thanks...TomP

the CD Ripper will check for ACCURATERIP matches and help find best artwork when you rip a disk. But what if you have files you ripped *before* you used dbpa. PerfectTunes can also check these digital albums for ACCURATERIP matches after the fact. PerfectTunes can also search for better artwork after the fact and replace the lesser quality art.

Note that even if you are a current dbpa user and all rips are with dbpa, PerfectTunes can help. For example, newly released CDs often don't show up in the ACCURATERIP database for a month or so. So if I get a release the day it comes out (e.g., the CSN&Y Live 1974 set that was just released), when I rip it, I can get a secure rip, but I have NO information on ACCURATERIP matches with other rips. So although "secure", the rip is not as confirmed as being bit perfect as compared to having ACCURATERIP matches. But in a few weeks, I can simply use PerfectTunes to check my prior rip of the CSN&Y CDs and get the ACCURATERIP results.

Also, in the future, PerfectTunes will have some automated metadata tagging data udpate capability for prior rips.

Spoon
07-21-2014, 12:11 PM
I find the de-duplication handy as the same song can exist twice (such as an older mp3 and newer FLAC), also the album art updater is great for older tracks with low res or missing art.