PDA

View Full Version : Can it use Multiple CPUs?

Byutifl Music
07-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Is there a setting to get the ripper to use multiple cpus?
It rips a single track while cueing another. That's it?

I have Quad Core HT [8].

......or is this on purpose for quality control (I'm currently ripping to flac).

Spoon
07-16-2014, 01:33 PM
The CD drive is 100x slower than encoding to FLAC, that is why it will not use all the cores.

Byutifl Music
07-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I figured it was a drive technology issue.:blush:
Thanks for your help!

BrodyBoy
07-16-2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I figured it was a drive technology issue.:blush:
Thanks for your help!

Hmm....seems odd. I've used it on several quad-core machines, with different optical drives, of course, and I usually get lots of tracks encoding simultaneously. Are you using a registered version of dBp?

garym
07-17-2014, 07:37 AM
Hmm....seems odd. I've used it on several quad-core machines, with different optical drives, of course, and I usually get lots of tracks encoding simultaneously. Are you using a registered version of dBp?

On multicore machines I have many tracks encoding simultaneously if I'm simply converting (e.g., from FLAC to mp3 or even FLaC to FLAC). So with 8 cores, I'd have 8 files encoding simultaneously. But when *ripping* a CD I've never had it use any more than two cores (one track ripping and one track finalizing encoding).

Byutifl Music
07-17-2014, 09:48 AM
First off, the title of the post should refer to "multi-cores" not cpus. Apparently there is a time limit on ability to edit, unlike some other forums (but everyone seems to understand me anyway :thumbup:).

My experiences have been identical to "garym's". Yes, BrodyBoy, I've been using paid since dBpa 14 (currently using 15).