PDA

View Full Version : Some Albums appear several times in navigation tree

Rudi.H
07-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Hi,

on Asset 4.2 for WHS 2011 (patch from thread "Asset 4.2 does not deliver all of my music" applied) I've following behavior:
When navigating "Album" some Albums appear several times in album list. I've some screenshots attached.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards
Rudi.H

dbfan
07-05-2014, 03:58 AM
I do not think asset would put those (xx)at the end of the album name, can you try a different control point to test?

Rudi.H
07-05-2014, 04:34 AM
(xx) at the end of the album name comes from BubbleUPnP, this is the number of tracks within the album. It's not displayed for all albums, only for that was entered previous.

On other control points this is not visible, but the behavior with showing albums several times is the same (BubbleUPnP, NAD446 and WDTVLive).

Spoon
07-05-2014, 05:42 AM
When you applied the updated umedialibrary, did you do a Rescan (Refresh All)?

if so, please send along your Asset database:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\

Zip up all except the AlbumArtStorev4.bin file, then email please:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Rudi.H
07-05-2014, 06:06 AM
OK, thanks.

Yes, i did a rescan and have sent the requested file per eMail.

Spoon
07-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the database, I can confirm that the files are incorrecly tagged, taking the first 2 tracks of the 'Bravo Hits 28' album:

Track1:
Title: Back in my Life
Artist: Alice DeeJay
Album Artist: Alice DeeJay
Album: Bravo Hits 28 CD1
Compilation is not set

Track2:
Title: Super Trouper
Artist: ATeens
Album Artist: ATeens
Album: Bravo Hits 28 CD1
Compilation is not set

The issue is Album Artist is different for each track on the album, the rule with album artist is it should be set to one value that matches all the tracks on the album, or not set at all. For this CD I would have no Album Artist, and set the Compilation to "1" to indicate the album is a compilation.

Asset is just presenting the album as the tags say.

Rudi.H
07-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Hi Spoon,

thanks for your detailed explanation.

But i when I check ID-Tags of files (with dBpoweramp ID-Tag), I've other results. I can't see an Album Artist for this tracks.
Looks same as "Bravo Hits 3" where the problem not occurs.
For both (Bravo Hits 3 and 28) I don't see no album Artist and no Compilation.

Any idea?

simes_pep
07-06-2014, 11:12 AM
For Compilation albums like this, I set Album Artists to be 'Various Artists' with the Compilation tag set to 1

Simon

Spoon
07-06-2014, 02:20 PM
It could be Asset which fills the Album Artist because one is not present, however the end result is the same, a compilation tag needs setting.

Rudi.H
07-07-2014, 12:18 AM
This sounds plausible for me.
What's not plausible for me is the fact, that there are other albums without Album Artist and Compilation set, and with this Albums I don't have the described behavior.

What's the difference for Asset?

dbfan
07-07-2014, 04:19 AM
Yes, asset has some code to try to self find these type of tagging errors and self correct, however it is not 100%

Rudi.H
07-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Many thanks.

It had another reason. "Bravo Hits 28" was on my hard disc twice , one time with correct tags, another one with not correct tags.

No further answer required, sorry for your unnecessary effort.