PDA

View Full Version : freedb.org for files already ripped...

bludvr
11-15-2003, 12:43 AM
while living without an internet connection i ripped MANY cd's to my computer without freedb getting each disc's information via the internet and their servers. all of these discs are in their own albums folder that i created. is it possible to have freedb look at a folder as it does a cd that i put in the drive, recognize it's properties and then populate the appropriate information in each track title, etc.... ???? i have ripped WAY TOO MANY discs to go in and do this by hand.... thanks!

Wayne
11-15-2003, 07:07 AM
I'm not sure if what you ask is possible but could you supply a little more information. How are the files organised and how are they named?

Wayne

Unregistered
11-15-2003, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure if what you ask is possible but could you supply a little more information. How are the files organised and how are they named?

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

The files are oranized in folders and sub folders as such ( I will number each level):

1. Music

2.Rolling Stones

3.Sticky Fingers. 3.Some Girls. 3.Tatoo You

4. Tracks from Sticky Fingers. 4. Tracks from Some Girls. 4. Tracks from Tatoo you.

Each individual Track is named as dB would normally name the track, but without the actual name of the song. For example, the first track from Sticky Fingers is named: Rolling StonesSticky FingersTrack01

I am more than happy to supply more information if helpful and I so much appreciate any suggestions you can come up with.

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Thanks,

Jason

Razgo
11-15-2003, 10:27 PM
i don't think this can be done as freedb looks at your cd in the cd rom.

that's not to say it can't be done, but i don't know how.