PDA

View Full Version : Batch Converter with same folders structure

dummy
06-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Hello,

I tried to batch convert my FLAC files (10K+) to mp3 but looks like it doesn't copy the folder structure of my FLACs, just convert ALL files to the folder I selected.

The "key" item on batch converter is grayed out so I cannot change anything as proposed in the "?" help section for converting folders.

Now, 2 possibilities I think.

1- I am a paying registrated customer with Reference 14.4. Is 14.4 able to batch convert to mp3 with the same folders structure of the original FLACs?

2- I need to get dBpoweramp 15...

2.1: My memory is probably at fault here but I thought buying a copy of dBpoweramp was a one time deal for always. Yet when I tried to update to 15, looks like I have to pay for It... Again, I could be wrong and do have to pay for a newest version...

Bottom line, I need to convert my FLAC files to mp3 with the same folders structure. What do I need to do to get there?

Thanks!

garym
06-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Hello,

I tried to batch convert my FLAC files (10K+) to mp3 but looks like it doesn't copy the folder structure of my FLACs, just convert ALL files to the folder I selected.

The "key" item on batch converter is grayed out so I cannot change anything as proposed in the "?" help section for converting folders.

Now, 2 possibilities I think.

1- I am a paying registrated customer with Reference 14.4. Is 14.4 able to batch convert to mp3 with the same folders structure of the original FLACs?

2- I need to get dBpoweramp 15...

2.1: My memory is probably at fault here but I thought buying a copy of dBpoweramp was a one time deal for always. Yet when I tried to update to 15, looks like I have to pay for It... Again, I could be wrong and do have to pay for a newest version...

Bottom line, I need to convert my FLAC files to mp3 with the same folders structure. What do I need to do to get there?

Thanks!

14.4 will do what you want. You need to use the dynamic naming function when converting. Set the folder to something different (e.g., c:\mp3files) and then set the dynamic naming as likely something like the following in the "set" area of the dynamic naming row:

[trimfirstfolder][origpath][origfilename][]

depending on how many levels deep your music subdirectories are, you may need multiple [trimfirstfolder] commands. For each you use, you need [] a the end. For example, you may need:

[trimfirstfolder][trimfirstfolder][origpath][origfilename][][]

dummy
06-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks a lot garym!

Silly me, I truly didn't saw the dynamic naming... I should have get it since It is exactly the same process as with the ripper! All is done and working now.

Thanks mister!

Ulysses
09-08-2014, 08:22 PM
14.4 will do what you want. You need to use the dynamic naming function when converting. Set the folder to something different (e.g., c:\mp3files) and then set the dynamic naming as likely something like the following in the "set" area of the dynamic naming row:

depending on how many levels deep your music subdirectories are, you may need multiple [trimfirstfolder] commands. For each you use, you need [] a the end. For example, you may need:

[trimfirstfolder][trimfirstfolder][origpath][origfilename][][]

I want to batch convert a wav library located on an external USB drive to flac. I assume that the fastest way would probably be to write the output to my internal HDD and afterward copy the result back to the USB drive. However, I can't figure out how to convert and end up with the same file structure as on the USB drive.

The file structure on the USB drive is AudioLibrary/AlbumFolder/TrackFiles. How do I convert everything to flac and end up with this same structure? For input I have checked AudioLibrary on the USB drive with the "Convert Folders and Subfolders" option. From your reply to the previous poster, I gather that I have to use the Dynamic naming function. I have created an output folder C:\AudioLibrary on my HDD. What do I have to enter in "Set" to achieve the result I want.

Thanks.

garym
09-08-2014, 08:38 PM
I want to batch convert a wav library located on an external USB drive to flac. I assume that the fastest way would probably be to write the output to my internal HDD and afterward copy the result back to the USB drive. However, I can't figure out how to convert and end up with the same file structure as on the USB drive.

The file structure on the USB drive is AudioLibrary/AlbumFolder/TrackFiles. How do I convert everything to flac and end up with this same structure? For input I have checked AudioLibrary on the USB drive with the "Convert Folders and Subfolders" option. From your reply to the previous poster, I gather that I have to use the Dynamic naming function. I have created an output folder C:\AudioLibrary on my HDD. What do I have to enter in "Set" to achieve the result I want.

Thanks.

if the USB is, say, E:\AudioLibary/AlbumFolder/Trackfiles

Then set up the dynamic naming, with the directory as C:\AudioLibrary
Then in SET, use

(note the "[]" at the end). I believe this will do it, but best to just try with a single directory as a test and see if the result ends up in the right place on your C: drive. If not, experiment with the number of [trimfirstfolder] commands you need (or if you need any). Trial and error is how I typically nail down my SET commands. Once working, I can do it all as one giant batch.

Ulysses
09-08-2014, 08:50 PM
if the USB is, say, E:\AudioLibary/AlbumFolder/Trackfiles

Then set up the dynamic naming, with the directory as C:\AudioLibrary
Then in SET, use

(note the "[]" at the end). I believe this will do it, but best to just try with a single directory as a test and see if the result ends up in the right place on your C: drive. If not, experiment with the number of [trimfirstfolder] commands you need (or if you need any). Trial and error is how I typically nail down my SET commands. Once working, I can do it all as one giant batch.

Thank you for the reply. However, I previously tried using the [trimfirstfolder] option for some reason I couldn't get anything to work. I found another forum thread and followed the suggestion I found there, which seems to work. Ultimately, I simply directed the output to C:\ and entered [originalpath]\[originalfilename] in 'Set'. dBpoweramp Batch Converter created a C:\AudioLibrary folder and appears to be creating individual folders for each album and storing the converted tracks within them.

I honestly can't say that I understand what is going on but, as it seems to be accomplishing the desired task, I am not about to question it.

garym
09-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Thank you for the reply. However, I previously tried using the [trimfirstfolder] option for some reason I couldn't get anything to work. I found another forum thread and followed the suggestion I found there, which seems to work. Ultimately, I simply directed the output to C:\ and entered [originalpath]\[originalfilename] in 'Set'. dBpoweramp Batch Converter created a C:\AudioLibrary folder and appears to be creating individual folders for each album and storing the converted tracks within them.

I honestly can't say that I understand what is going on but, as it seems to be accomplishing the desired task, I am not about to question it.

yep, that's why I mentioned trial and error as the best approach. Glad it's working.