PDA

View Full Version : Convert wav to flac, and keep album art?

Redd
06-15-2014, 02:28 PM
If I just tell dbp to convert my wav files to flac and use dynamic naming for new directories, I get all the flac files but no album art gets pulled over.

I'd like to build a new flac version of my library but keep the album art in each folder. Is there a quick & easy way to do that?

Or is this best kludged with something like, copy the entire wav library, convert in place, then delete the wav files from the new folders?

And I was pleasantly surprised to see dbp in batch mode will use ALL the idle CPU cores, nice programming!

Spoon
06-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Where is the album art? embedded in wave file, or folder.jpg file?

Redd
06-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Spoon, the art is not embedded in the WAV files. It is in a folder.jpg file in each folder, along with the AlbumArtxxx.jpg files that were created originally. I'm just looking to keep or duplicate the folder.jpg files in the new folders.

That's just the default for WMP ripped files, as far as I know.

Spoon
06-16-2014, 04:55 AM
There is a DSP effect 'folder.jpg preserve'

Redd
06-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Looking at the menus for that...so if I am creating FLAC folders in the same hierarchy ("dynamic" naming) as the WAV folders, using this "preserve" DSP will in fact COPY the art file from the source WAV folder to the destination FLAC folder. There's no "preserve"ing really going on, there's simple copying going on.

Yes?

(Sorry, bad old habit from learning just enough COBOL and APL and FORTRAN to hurt myself in the old timesharing days. I take computer instructions very literally.)

Spoon
06-17-2014, 04:34 AM
Yes