PDA

View Full Version : Unable to save scanned library, or do much else for that matter

OLD_USER
06-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Hello:

I'd like some help with this $54.00 app I just purchased. It doesn't work properly, it's useless to me now under Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. The app has very few configurable options and it does not save the library cache (that takes 4 hours for me and 10,000+ flac files - so nothing huge by any means) if you exit the program or reboot, so another 4+ hour scan operation must be performed before you can use it again. Are you %u*&k%* kidding? I thought I was buying something that is maintained and kept up to date, not a hobby program!

I don't like buying beta software. Please let me know of any troubleshooting attempts I should be taking beyond the obvious one's I have already tried.

I really would like my money back and I'll just uninstall this app out of my life.

Spoon
06-09-2014, 04:26 AM
There are many thousands of people running PerfectTunes and for them it saves the library cache correctly. It is possible you have security software which is stopping PerfectTUNES from writing its cache files? Run perfecttunes then look in:

%appdata%\PerfectTUNES

Whist PerfectTUNES is showing on the screen (dedup, album art etc) There should be about 14 files there, some such as InfPropsNTags.bin should be quite large. Take a screen shot, then close PerfectTUNES, reboot your computer and look in that folder, see the file sizes, run perfecttunes again see what happens to those files.

OLD_USER
06-09-2014, 06:18 PM
OK I'll check that out & manually include perfectTunes from Kaspersky's database of trusted apps if it's not in there already (I usually get a pop-up from Kaspersky before a suspected rogue app even has a chance to install). Sorry for the crabby post, I was having a bad weekend and this compounded it. I'm trying to wean my self off of iTunes but even though it's a POS, the UI is one of the best (when it doesn't lock up) and I have an iPhone.