PDA

View Full Version : DSP Effects 11 - is this an error?

jfkaess
06-08-2014, 10:53 PM
I just downloaded the new final release ofDSP Effects 11. I had been using the beta for the past few months. I have been using the beta specifically because it changed the EBU128 from -23 lufs to -18 lufs. However, after installing the final release the following page comes up and it says that the setting is for -23 lufs. Is this an error? Has the final version gone back to the old value or is the page wrong? If the page is correct, how can I change the volume normalize to be -18 lufs?

file:///C:/Program%20Files/dBpoweramp/Help/Codec/DSP/help.htm*Volume_Normalize

It says:

EBU R128: a newer standard of ReplayGain, the average loudness is calculated and the volume is adjusted. This method adjusts the audio. Internally the audio is calculated to a -23LUFS level, it can be adjusted with the dB scale on the right.

Spoon
06-09-2014, 04:36 AM
EBU R128 in volume normalize still uses -23LUFS, the change was made to the EBU R128 in the dsp effect 'Replaygain'

jfkaess
06-09-2014, 09:08 AM
EBU R128 in volume normalize still uses -23LUFS, the change was made to the EBU R128 in the dsp effect 'Replaygain'

Spoon, this is copy and pasted from the DSP Effect 11 post in the Beta section of the forums:

DSP Effects R11
Changes:

New Effect Lowpass filter (filters all frequencies above specified frequency).
New Effect Dynamic Range Compression
ReplayGain Configuration page redesigned
ReplayGain EBU R128 used by default
ReplayGain EBU R128 defaults to -18 LUFS ReplayGain New option - iTunes Album Gain
ReplayGain New option - disable clip prevention
ReplayGain New option - identify albums as all tracks in same folder
Bug fix: When applying album again to a very large collection (perhaps quarter of a million tracks), certain albums would be missed
ReplayGain fix where it would write large RG values for silence.
Fixed Crash for ReplayGain if conversion was cancelled (in CD Ripper).
Fixed Resample from 192KHz to 88KHz

Spoon
06-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Yes this relates to the DSP Effect 'Replaygain' not to the effect 'Volume Normalize'