PDA

View Full Version : At times last 0.5 secs of songs are cut when ripping

Parkay2
11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
When I had Win 95, NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. Upgraded to Win 98SE and started experiencing problems where the last little bit of a song when ripping a CD was lost. The songs basically end instead of fading out. I'm ripping to WAV files. I just purchased a new Dell 2.4 GHZ P4 System w/ XP home. Same thing, intermittentlly the last little bit at the end of a song is truncated. Any help would be appreciated because I'm a big fan of the program. One interesting note. I tried copying a CD to have one to use in our van's CD changer. I did not know that this CD had a buried bonus track at the end of the CD. I tried using windows media player to copy tthe CD and an error would be generated at the very end of the task and abort w/ no WAV files being stored. Waste of time! I tried using Real Player and obtained the same results. However, when I used DB Power AMP it flagged an error, but completed the task. The only thing is that it treated the bonus track as a continuation of the last known song. There was a big silence gap, but all I did was split the track with another program that I have and delete out all the unwanted silence.

Thanks in Advance!