PDA

View Full Version : Converting FLAC to MPC

stevvi
11-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Hi,
I like to convert all my FLAC files to MPC, which turn out from a listening point of you quite well.....the only problem is the tag conversion, which is not working well (wrong artists/album information)! If I convert to OGG and MP3 files there is no problem, and every tag is "transportet" as they are the original FLAC file! I don't have much knowledge, all I now is the the information are stored in a different way....so my question do I have to live with this problem, or can I do something?
Thanks!!!! (I am using the latest codecs and dmc - 10)

Spoon
11-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Hold the mouse over the FLAC file, does it show the Artist etc correctly on the Popup?

stevvi
11-11-2003, 04:38 AM
Hold the mouse over the FLAC file, does it show the Artist etc correctly on the Popup?

Yes, I does! But I found out, that problem seems to be in Winamp (2.91) only...if I use the dbpoweramp player it looks quite ok!
After your hint I checked my FLAC files (coverted with dbpoweramp coverter)....which seem to "forget" some infos after the conversion....some don't show a genre, other don't carry the album information....strange!

be020261
05-31-2004, 07:54 AM
Hello, 1st post here!

I got release 10 of dBpowerAMP and have the same problem...

I also note another 'bug'.
When transcoding tags, the RG (Replaygain) info didn't follow. i have to recalculate everithing using either fb2k or MPC frontend & replaygain.exe. both format use APEv2 tag...

when converting from FLAC -> LAME, using APEv2 tags, the RG info was transcoded! :confused: ???

any solutions welcome!

Thanks!!

Spoon
06-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Odd the replay gain tags in an ape2 tag are nothing special, not sure what is happenning.