PDA

View Full Version : Can PerfectTunes *create* the AccurateRipResult tag?

press250
04-03-2014, 11:54 PM
For one reason or another, my lossless files do not have the AccurateRipResult tag. When I run PerfectTunes "from scratch" it re-calculates the CRC each time. QUESTION: is there a way to get PerfectTunes to *add* the AccurateRipResult tag with the calculated CRC? At the risk of stating the obvious, I am not going to re-rip my entire 1000+ disc library to add the "missing" tag. ;-)

Thanks!

Spoon
04-04-2014, 04:28 AM
No not currently, it is likely a later release will add this.

AndrewFG
04-05-2014, 04:11 AM
Also if the track was not in the AR database at the time it was ripped and CD ripper writes the tag "not in database", then if you run Perfecttunes some months later when the track has now been added to the AR database, then it would be good if that tag would be updated.

iangrant
09-19-2015, 04:31 AM
I agree, any progress on this issue?
Also, it would be good to be able to rescan just those files not in AccurateRip at a later date, in case they have been added since.

garym
09-19-2015, 07:50 AM
I agree, any progress on this issue?
Also, it would be good to be able to rescan just those files not in AccurateRip at a later date, in case they have been added since.

You can do this later checking with PERFECTTUNES.

DrForce
06-14-2017, 06:56 PM
The is the work around that I'm using to create the AccurateRipResult tag using the logs exported by Perfecttunes.

What you need:

Perfecttunes - either registered or unregistered
MP3tag - tagging program (freeware)
A text editor that allows find/replace using regular expressions. I used sublime text which is cross platform and has a demo version available.

Step 1:
Open your Perfecttunes log that lists all albums that were accurately ripped. Do the following 3 find/replace iterations with the regular expression searching turned on. The strings you are replacing with keep the format consistent with the way dBpoweramp writes the tag
Find 1 (note the 2 spaces before the word "track"):

Track \d+: AccurateRip Verified Confidence
Replace with:

AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence

Find 2:

, Pressing Offset \W\d+ \[ARv\d CRC
Replace with (there are 3 spaces in between the ) and the [. This keeps it consistent with the way dBpoweramp writes the tag.)

) [

Find 3:
Depending on the path to your music, your find/replace expression will vary. What you want to accomplish is to add a delimiter before the pathname. I used the vertical pipe because it's never used in pathnames so my find/replace string looked like this:

Z:\\
Replace with

| Z:\

After doing your find/replaces, sort the lines (sublime text has this feature) and delete all the blank lines and album names. In the end your text file should have one line of text for each song in the text file and should look like this (your file path will be different of course):

AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [0017F305] | Z:\Pretenders\Greatest Hits\10 Spiritual High (State Of Independence).m4a
AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [0041EA07] | Z:\Pink Floyd\Meddle\06 Echoes.m4a
AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [01E1C3B7] | Z:\Compilations\Fired Up! 2\2-03 Gotta Get Thru This.m4a

Step 2:

Once you have edited your text file and confirmed the path names as accurate, then you will use the textfile - tag feature of MP3 tag to transfer your log data to the AccurateRipResult Tag of your music.

With your music loaded in MP3 Tag, select all songs and select the Text file - tag option (alt-4). In the dialog box that appears, the first field should point to your edited log file from step 1 and the second field should look like this:

%ACCURATERIPRESULT% | %_path%
Click "OK"

Step 3:
Enjoy watching MP3 tag write your accurate rip result tag to your music.

Good luck!

Extras

For the log showing the inaccurate rips, you will perform the same steps in Step 1, but you will need to add the following find/replace step:

Find (note 2 spaces before "Track"):

Track \d+: Track InAccurate
Replace with

AccurateRip: InAccurate

For mac users, MP3tag works great using Crossover/Wine. Perfecttunes will not run under Crossover/Wine currently, but I am able to use it under Windows 10 through VMWare Fusion.