PDA

View Full Version : dbpoweramp CoreConverter has stopped working (ERROR)

MOMENTUM
03-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Hello,
I am for the first time using the Batch convert option.
I need to add track and album replay gain to my collection.
my collection is made up of 45000 files and a mixture of flac and mp3.

I started the process to let tit run through the night.
after 30% done I have 71 pop up windows that states :
dbpoweramp CoreConverter has stopped working (ERROR)

the conversion keeps on working at this point but I have 71 notices of this error and the program keeps moving on.
Any idea what this means.
Should I do smaller batches of files?

Thx
mo

garym
03-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Hello,
I am for the first time using the Batch convert option.
I need to add track and album replay gain to my collection.
my collection is made up of 45000 files and a mixture of flac and mp3.

I started the process to let tit run through the night.
after 30% done I have 71 pop up windows that states :
dbpoweramp CoreConverter has stopped working (ERROR)

the conversion keeps on working at this point but I have 71 notices of this error and the program keeps moving on.
Any idea what this means.
Should I do smaller batches of files?

Thx
mo

One hypothesis is that there could be corrupted files which are causing errors when dbpa tries to write RG tags. Do a batch convert of your files to [TEST CONVERSION]. This will confirm that all your files are OK (or report errors if any are corrupted). edit: and years ago when I did a batch job to add RG tags to about 50k files with foobar2000, I recall that I had to break it into batches of about 10k-15k files as something was bombing with my laptop computer (as opposed to a problem with foobar2000 that was doing the RG addition). Perhaps something similar here. I'd try a batch of 5k and see if that works ok....

Spoon
03-29-2014, 05:26 PM
See:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?33118-DSP-Effects-R11

MOMENTUM
03-30-2014, 08:25 AM
See:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?33118-DSP-Effects-R11

ok..just looked at my error log and as your above link refers to..most of the errors were a result of albums with silence tracks.
I will try this beta fix.

is there a recomended batch size. I have 45000 files to add replaygain too?
thx

dbfan
03-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Batch size should no effect it.

MOMENTUM
03-31-2014, 11:01 AM
OK...just wanted to provide an update.
I installed the R11 beta fix.
I am no longer getting the issued regarding silences but now have new issues.

Again I have 45000 files to add RG to.
I preformed a test batch of just my artists starting with A (approx 3000 files)
everything went great . no issues...checked and both album gain and track gain tags are there.

I then decided to the remaining batch convert the same way (42000 field) B-Z
Everything appeared to process fine until I looked at some of the tags.
All the albums from this batch.. had proper track RG tags but with regards to Album RG tags most are not there.

Not sure what the deal is here..I saw another forum member state the same thing..It&*8217;s almost like there is a batch limit overload.

I looked a bit more and noticed that it&*8217;s not a random thing.
all albums from Z- up to part of T had proper album RG tags. (approx. 4500 files) but everything up from there had no album RG tags. (T-B)
There is nothing in the error log relating to where the software stopped adding album RG info.

I am very frustrated..any help would be appreciated.
mo

garym
03-31-2014, 11:13 AM
Are you sure things completed properly before you entered additional commands, etc. The album RG value is not added until later in the process. The track RG value is added right away.

MOMENTUM
03-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Yes I read that this is the way it works.
The program said finished and showed the error/info window.?

garym
03-31-2014, 11:33 AM
Yes I read that this is the way it works.
The program said finished and showed the error/info window.?

hmmm, then that's not it. I'd try doing this in batches of 10,000 files. if that fails, try 5000 files. good news is that once all are done, you don't need to ever do again, and with new rips you can add RG when ripping.

MOMENTUM
03-31-2014, 11:48 AM
So I would only have to run album RG not track RG?

Spoon
03-31-2014, 12:58 PM
Makes no difference from a speed point of view.

MOMENTUM
03-31-2014, 02:20 PM
I must say I am disappointed that I paid the $30 to upgrade to newest version to do something it is meant to do..and it does not work.
Im not sure the posters who are peers and who are official support.. ( as my frustration is aimed at official support)
But I am upset that I am left to simply guess and hope things work.
I should not have to be a beta tester..
The way I see it this needs to looked at and fixed officially..
With 45000 files this is not a short process to play around with.
Very disappointed..

- - - mo

garym
03-31-2014, 04:25 PM
So I would only have to run album RG not track RG?

No, I'm saying to simply select a subset of library (suggesting 10,000 tracks, but if that also fails, I'd drop to say, 5000 tracks). On this subset, run the "convert to" ReplayGain (with the album, track, and RU 128 ticked, as discussed). If it can only do 5,000 batches, then it will only take 9 times of clicking a few mouse clicks to get your 45k tracks done. I used foobar2000 years ago to add RG to my 80,000 track library and I recall that with it I could only do about 10k tracks at a time. I don't think it is a problem with the software (dbpa or foobar2000) as much as it is with the computer running the software. I've had similar issues with massive tagging changes in mp3tag. Breaking the job into a few smaller chunks always solved the problem.

p.s Spoon is support (and developer of software), I'm just a user. And I spent more than $30 on lunch today. And it wasn't even that good. ;-)

MOMENTUM
03-31-2014, 08:10 PM
I appreciate your help...I split the grouping into batched under 5k (as this is the * where I noticed the large batch stop)....all seems to be good.
No issues on the last 4 batches. album and track gain are present.
The pc is not the issue as I tried 2 different ones... one is only a month old.
Hopefully this software issues is fixed or at least stated somewhere so others don't wast time as I did.

Just a note for spoon...it would be nice to have more direct support form you as opposed to having to rely on my peer forum members.

garym
03-31-2014, 08:19 PM
I appreciate your help...I split the grouping into batched under 5k (as this is the * where I noticed the large batch stop)....all seems to be good.
No issues on the last 4 batches. album and track gain are present.
The pc is not the issue as I tried 2 different ones... one is only a month old.
Hopefully this software issues is fixed or at least stated somewhere so others don't wast time as I did.

Just a note for spoon...it would be nice to have more direct support form you as opposed to having to rely on my peer forum members.

happy to help. The newness of the PC is not relevant. I suspect this is more related to the chip, the RAM, the temp disk space, etc. Lots of variables. And I understand you're not that happy with support, but I have purchased and used lots of software over the years and I find Spoon to be as responsive as any software company I've ever dealt with. He typically responds to posts here within an hour or two. So yes, this is a forum, where peers may assist, but Spoon is certainly not missing in action and is quite responsive.

edit: if you're seeking direct, one-on-one phone/email support, note that many companies that provide this option (e.g., Apple, Microsoft, etc.) will do this only if you buy a several hundred dollar contract or pay $25-30 per event, even AFTER one has paid hundreds of dollars for the product. And, I'd also point out that when it comes to music software, I've learned the most from peers on peer-to-peer forums. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy the music! :smile2:

MOMENTUM
04-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Just wanted to post a quick update.
I kept each file batch at 5k.
All worked perfectly from there on.
- - - mo