PDA

View Full Version : shn codec

Unregistered
05-28-2002, 01:44 PM
Does anyone know if there are any plans to add a codec for shorten (.shn) encoding? This seems to be a prefered format for online trading of live audio shows.

muzikar
06-02-2002, 01:30 AM
Excellent timing on your shn question. I, too, have just been introduced to shn's and find I need to convert them to a more usable platform, that being mp3's. I did find Shorten at:
Shorten (http://www.softsound.com/Shorten.html) , but let's admit it. It ain't a Spoon product, so it ain't the best.

Oh, Spoon. You'll find some $$ in your PayPal account. I've been using dBpowerAMP now for a good six months and thought a post-honeymoon present would be appreciated.:smile2:

Spoon
06-02-2002, 05:44 AM

From the recent survey on the old forum, MusePack and Shorten came out as the codecs to write next.

muhr
11-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Is there an ETA on the availability of Shorten support?

Spoon
11-17-2002, 06:01 PM
I forget where I was upto now, most of it was written. I need to take a look at the MPC and SHN stuff that was written, I think it was APE v2 tags that slowed things down.

Unregistered
11-22-2002, 05:37 PM
If fanfare will help draw your focus to the shn codec, I would like to raise my glass. I have been archiving wav files in .ape, but trade a lot in .shn. So far I have yet to find a conversion utility to take files directly from .shn to .ape and back without having to go through .wav. I have very recently found dbPowerAmp, and if a .shn codec comes through as well as the other plugin codecs, this solution will most certainly be the one...

Thank you Spoon...

Unregistered
10-10-2003, 04:04 AM
I tried your codec, for converting SHN to WAV/MP3.

BUT there is a PROBLEM!!!

It is stopping at 22%
its a larger SHN file.. 44meg..

have you limited the size?
or is this a limitation on the demo of djpoweramp?

please tell me!!!

Razgo
10-10-2003, 04:30 AM
it stops and freezes?

i just did a 32meg convert from shn to mp3 ok. there should be no limitations imposed by the software. there must be a problem somewhere. does any other shn file convert ok?