PDA

View Full Version : Batch converter ignores folder structure when converting to AIFF, No metadata either

Bones
03-01-2014, 07:09 PM
I ripped all of my CDs to WAV a while back using DB Poweramp and just recently decided to convert them to AIFF. All of my WAV files are neatly arranged in folders by artist, then album, and finally by song. When I used Batch Converter to convert them to AIFF last night, it took all of my songs and just dumped them in one big folder with no structure at all. No Artist folder, no Album folder, nothing. It also doesn't include any album artwork or metadata which is a big reason that I want to convert to AIFF. Is there a way for Batch Converter to keep my folder structure and also find the album artwork, either on my commuter or an online database? All of the MP3s I ripped from my CDs have the artwork and metadata, obviously WAV files don't have metadata, but since I ripped them all on this same machine, shouldn't DB Poweramp be able to find them and add them to the files when converting to AIFF?

Spoon
03-01-2014, 07:22 PM
>obviously WAV files don't have metadata, but since I ripped them all on this same machine, shouldn't DB Poweramp be able to find them and add them to the files when converting to AIFF?

No, the converter uses what is in the files.

Anyhow, you can preserve the folder structure by setting the Output folder to 'Dynamic' and:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

If you have folder.jpg files use the DSP effect 'folder.jpg Preserve'