PDA

View Full Version : Batch Ripper stops without crashing

Legolad
02-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Hey folks,

Well I've begun my massive ripping project in earnest. I am very happy with my Nimbie and DBPA purchases. Worth every penny, IMHO.

I do have 1 question and I am seeing one minor issue so I'd like to hear from some of you, if possible.

QUESTION
I'm not sure I'm doing things in the right order, even though I'm getting good results. I thought I'd share my process and see if I'm doing anything weird or unnecessary.
1. Turn on Nimbie
2. Load spindle in Nimbie
3. Start QQGetTray
4. Start Batch Ripper
5. Click Load in QQGetTray
6. Click Rip in Batch Ripper

Does this sound about right?

ISSUE
After starting a batch of discs, Batch Ripper will process discs correctly - including successes and rejects. After processing some discs (the number varies with each encounter) Batch Ripper will halt in mid-rip. It doesn't look paused (the elapsed time is still going). It doesn't appear to have crashed (I can select items in the UI, use my mouse and keyboard, switch to other apps).

I can launch CD Ripper and see that the disc is in mid-rip and which track is currently being ripped. But no progress is being made.

The first time I saw this I had left a batch running overnight. It got stuck after about 30 discs. I didn't touch it. I just left it alone because I had to go to work. Then at about 10 am it just picked up where it left off (my husband was home and the noise scared him to death :smile2:).
The second time was today. I found it that way when I woke up, but it had processed over 60 discs. Instead of waiting, I clicked End Batch. After confirming with me, Batch Ripper then closed itself (or maybe it crashed, I don't know what it normally does after you End Batch.)
The last time was immediately after the second. After processing 5 discs, it stalled. I closed everything, started again, and it's been running ever since (10 discs complete as I'm writing this).

Anyone have any clue what this might be?
It's not a huge deal. I can live with it. But if anyone has seen it or fixed it, I'd like to know.

Thanks!

Spoon
02-11-2014, 12:42 PM
QQGetTray should not be used, instead add the Nimbie Batch Ripper driver from the Batch Ripper download page, then configure that drive as a Nimbie (in Batch Ripper Configuration, instead of Manual Load - Audio Eject).

Legolad
02-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Ah ha! I had already done the Nimbie Batch Ripper driver and configured it. I was only using QQGetTray because I started out using it before I installed DBPA. Thanks for that. Any chance my using QQGetTray is somehow connected to the stalling issue I'm seeing? I wouldn't think so, but I'm not 100% sure the two apps wouldn't compete for control/update/access to the Nimbie.

Spoon
02-11-2014, 02:08 PM
You should not have 2 program which are trying to control the Nimbie.

Legolad
02-11-2014, 03:37 PM
You should not have 2 program which are trying to control the Nimbie.

Agreed. I've turned on QQGetTray. It hasn't failed again yet.

Spoon
02-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Turned Off?

Legolad
02-11-2014, 05:01 PM
lol...that's what I meant. sorry. :-)