PDA

View Full Version : How to convert ripped cd compression levels

Johnly
02-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Hi, I have ripped my entire cd collection on level 8 (thinking this was the "best" level). I now understand that 0 or 1 is the better option. How do I convert without re-ripping ?. I have seen on another forum about batch converter but I cant seem to find this (don't even know if I have it). I store my flac rips on a QNap 212. Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

John

Spoon
02-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Batch Converter is in the same location as CD Ripper (Start >> Programs >> dBpoweramp Music Converter)

Johnly
02-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks Spoon, yes it is there. So how do I use it (sorry, not good at this sort of thing). Also, my streamer sees albums in alphabetical order so in order to get artists albums together, I've put the artists name in front of the album title, will this process loose these listings /. Many thanks for your help, John

Spoon
02-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Nothing is lost, open batch ripper, browse to where the music is, put a check mark in the main folder, click Convert, set encoder as required, set output to: as 'original folder', click Convert, on overwrite page, Yes to all.

Johnly
02-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Thanks once again for your help Spoon, I'll do that.

Cheers

John

Michael Sargent
02-12-2014, 08:00 AM
I now understand that 0 or 1 is the better option.

In what way is 0 or 1 better? Lossless audio is lossless regardless of how much it's compressed. It will still sound exactly the same. It will only use more disk space.

Mike

Johnly
02-18-2014, 06:20 AM
Hi Mike, I'm going to try the all important listening tests. Lots of debate on the Naim forum on this one and also recommended by my dealer. We shall see

thanks

John